• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    I haven't built one but from what I have seen they are not a very simple build. I do know that Stan at Project Guns has a very good reputation for building them (I believe he uses Wiselate receivers). I also know that DSA has been working on a RPD reciever and semi parts but not sure if they will be offering build services.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have been thinking of building one of these since i shot a FullAuto one at Knob Creek. It seems to be a dificult bult that shouldn't be attempted unless you have acecss to a mill.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have been thinking of building one of these since i shot a FullAuto one at Knob Creek. It seems to be a dificult bult that shouldn't be attempted unless you have acecss to a mill.

I HAVE A MILL:rockwoot:

any links to the neccessary steps needed to complete one... would love to do a build on something belt fed like that would be awesome.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    If you don't have access to a mill, Wiselite will do the semi-mods on your parts for you and you can also purchase the semi-required parts from them. It looks like DSA is supplying Wiselite with receivers for these now. You should be able to find a "how to" on Project Guns website although not sure if it is complete yet.

rpd1

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Not complete yet.... i called MGS and you can get a semi auto reciever 20 page instructions manual and semi auto parts (922r compliance i believe as well) for 800... add 449 for the parts kit and another 60 or so for a drum mag off gunbroker and you have everything you need..... contemplating doing this BUT i will have to sell my newly finished 1911 build for the right money to move on to this one.... probably will end up dumping about 1400 into it in parts which isnt bad considering i could sell it for a little over 2 grand.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    You can get the parts a little cheaper than the $800, not much but a little. Wiselite sells the semi auto parts for $175 and will do the semi auto modifications to your parts for another $150. DSA has the receivers listed at $379. If you are doing the machining yourself then you can knock that $150 off it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    so 379reciever 449parts kit 175semi parts

1000 bucks for the build.... still could sell it for just over 2k probably.
    might be worth a try.... i have all the tools needed, just not the cash.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    Trust me...I know all about the cash part. I have had a RPD kit sitting here for quite a while and just haven't been able to scrounge up the scratch to get it done. Always finding a different deal to blow it on!!! I will advise as to be carefull what parts kit you get. I know the Wiselite web site says they will not build on the kits from Sarco due to the new barrels that Sarco puts with them. Not sure what the deal is but they make it sound like they are out of spec or they vary quite a bit. The Sarco US barrels also do not have the extractor cutout on the breach end. DSA also has new US barrels listed for $150 i think. DSA's picture shows the extractor cutout on the breach but not sure if that is how it actually comes.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    my guess is those are probably the exact same recievers that wiselite has discontinued. maybe even the same ones MGS sells for 499

I am pretty sure Wiselite made their own for a while as they where producing and selling them before DSA even had approval for their receiver. I talked to Dave Salvagio at Knob Creek when DSA was initially working on the RPD receivers last year and they where waiting on approval (Wiselite was selling theres at that same time). Now this is just my speculation but it probably became more cost effective for Wiselite to purchase the receivers from DSA than for them to make them for themselves or whoever they had contracted to make them.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I read somewhere that Wiselite has approved the DSA reciever and are now using them on their builds that they do in house; thus the discontinuation of their own recievers.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    If any of you guys go to looking for RPD parts I've seen them at Apex and Military Gun Supply.
    One of those places has parts kits, can't remember which one right now. And it seems like the kits have the original barrel too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom