• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Finally saw a couple small bucks sniffing around a couple does this morning. First action we've seen on our place, been in the stand more daylight hours than not since Monday.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    No chasing as of yet, but lots of deer moving around. Saw this deer last year and he back in the same place, reset my stand there, maybe I'll get a shot this time.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    No chasing as of yet, but lots of deer moving around. Saw this deer last year and he back in the same place, reset my stand there, maybe I'll get a shot this time.

Hope you do as well...what a deer. Just curious, is this around an area where that deer has access to crops? Or is he a woods deer? Trying to gauge the size in relation to food source of the bucks I see people take.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hope you do as well...what a deer. Just curious, is this around an area where that deer has access to crops? Or is he a woods deer? Trying to gauge the size in relation to food source of the bucks I see people take.

Deep forest, last two bucks I've taken there were very large animals.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    We saw a nice 130"+ 8 pt chasing a doe. He stayed with her from 4:45 on. The problem was they were in the middle of my wife and I and out of range of both. Still a lot of fun watching.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I saw the same A10s over by Lake Cicott, awesome to see them out. Brings back old memories of when they were based at Grissom AFB.
    I was at our farm in White county this morning at 5:30 sitting in my tree stand. About 8:30, a squirrel came by and then 2 mice were jumping in front of the ladder. Two woodpeckers popped by about 9 to say hello. Then to top it off, at 11:45 I hear what I think is a plane about to crash, I get down fast and go out in the field just in time to see two A10's buzzing the tree tops at around 200 feet max.They circled and went right over top of me! They buzzed around in circles for a few more minutes and then back to the nest. So, in other words, there was not a deer to be found by me today from the Southeast side of Indianapolis to White county.

alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    I always enjoy it when we are at Prairie Creek Res. and the A10s fly over. I've only seen them once in the last 2 years living in Jay Co. I'd see them weekly just south of Muncie.

I was really hoping for an action packed weekend of pre rut activity. Nada. I had does and yearings in the area. No real rubs or scrapes forming either. Where have all the bucks gone? Anyway, tis the season to have random deer run through the property and its just not happening. I did see a small buck chasing last week in the middle of the day on my lunch break. It'll be on in a few days when the weather turns Wednesday I suppose.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We saw our first chasing happening yesterday and more again today. It appears things are finally starting to heat up and the weather is getting ready to cool off. Home this afternoon for laundry and visit with the girls then back to the farm for two weeks. The next few days should be awesome.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I saw one doe yesterday and there was a deer 2-3 minutes behind her; she didn't seem "pushed". Saw a small (4-6pt) buck this morning around 9:30; he was cruising a ridge but didn't appear to be chasing.

Kinda surprised there wasn't more activity given that it was about 28 degrees this morning; (nearly) full moon with clear skies isn't helping the cause much I guess. Hopefully they get moving in northern Clark Co soon...

Top Bottom