• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    For its worth, when I was hunting concrete contractor's I quickly learned price was not the most important thing. I had a 10ish yard pad poured about 6 years ago, and went with the cheapest bid. 3 years went by before it started cracking due to not having the prep work done properly.

Next go round I went with a guy who was middle of the road in the bid's, and could not be happier with the finish product. Your going to spend many years looking at the final product, dont let a few hundred dollars be the deciding factor.

Agreed

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

I think I saved 500 bucks on the total bill by using the cheaper guy. I guarantee it cost me well over 1k on resale value alone. For folks in my area, dont bother shopping around, call Wayne Bry of Bry concrete, and pay what he wants. One of the big things that stuck out to me with Bry was he worked to a stoping point every day, not to a certian time. He worked for me for a couple weeks, and never took off at the same time. If the days section called for him to finish at 9pm, then he worked until 9pm. If the next day he got to a stopping point at 1pm, then he left at 1pm. Nothing drives me crazy faster than when someone says "I could work 1 extra hour today, and save me 3 hours tomorrow, but its 4pm quitting time." More hours worked = more money spent no matter how you cut it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't place or finish concrete. I'm a test guy. If the concrete is over 90 minutes old when they start to pour it, send it back. If it is hot outside (over 80) send it back after 60 minutes.

imi is a big company and you see their red and white trucks everywhere. Their mix is ok, they have their good and bad days. Lately I've seen Shelby be the most consistent with the best test results. DO NOT use Bluestar mud.

Top Bottom