Any experience with the Chiappa 22 upper for AR's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Was emailed a deal on these uppers and was thinking of matching them up with Plum Crazy lowers. I am not familiar wiht the Chiappa brand and wonder if anyone has had personal experience with anything from this company?

From their ad:

Complete upper from Chiappa that will fit with your existing lower.

Want to shoot your AR-15 more? Are you tired of the cost to feed it? Chiappa® has the solution for you. With two pins you can remove your current upper and replace it the Chiappa® M4 22LR Upper in seconds, and you are ready to shoot inexpensive .22LR. The cost savings will pay for the Chiappa® upper in less than 1500 rounds. Whether for training or plinking this is a great way to shoot more.

Specifications:
    • Chiappa® M4 22LR Upper
    • Manufacturer Number: M4 22LR UPPER
    • Caliber: .22LR
    • Capacity: 28 Rounds
    • Barrel Length: 16 Inches
    • Receiver Style: Flatop With Rail
    • Weight: 5.8 Pounds
    • Finish: Black
    • Features:
      • MILSPEC Upper
      • Fits All M4, AR15, M16 Lowers
      • Simple Conversion
      • No Permanent Modifications
      • Includes 2 Magazines
    $266.95 each plus $2.99 shipping

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Why yes I do have experience with this upper. I initially matched it to a RRA lower with a Del-Ton parts kit and it would produce light firing pin strikes on literally 90% of every mag I put through it. I called Chiappa several times and followed their advice to file the edges of the bolt in a couple of places. Made absolutely no difference.

I had another stripped lower that I decided to go ahead and build another gun with. This time I used a DPMS lower kit. I thought I'd just toss the the Chiappa upper on it for grins and giggles and wouldn't ya know, it ran like a champ! I don't know what the difference made , but assume the hammer in the Del-Ton kit was the culprit.

Since then I have discovered that I MUST keep the chamber clean or the round doesn't feed fully into it and I've actually had several kabooms. Fortunately no damage has been suffered from it, but the blowback on my forehead hurts.

Does it work? Well, yeah as long as it likes the lower parts kit in your lower AND you keep it clean.

Would I buy another one? Hell no. I would spend the extra money on a different brand.

Hope this helps and I'd be glad to answer any further questions on it.

Top Bottom