• Status
    Not open for further replies.

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Knew nothing of these . . . lack of knowledge was bugging me . . .

mscrab.jpg

The Royal Egyptian Scarab
    From Hall’s Catalogue of Egyptian Scarabs, Etc., in the British Museum
    The flat under side of a scarab usually bears an inscription relating to the dynasty during which it was cut. These scarabs were sometimes used as seals. Some were cut from ordinary or precious stones; others were made of clay, baked and glazed. Occasionally the stone scarabs were also glazed. The majority of the small scarabs are pierced as though originally used as beads. Some are so hard that they will cut glass. In the picture above, A shows top and side views of the scarab, and B the under surface with the name of Men-ka-Ra within the central cartouche.

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    "sigh"
    from the Indiana Monitor - 1st degree charge to a newly made mason:

"In the State, you are to be a quiet and peaceful subject, true to your government, and just to your country; you are not to countenance disloyalty or rebellion, but patiently submit to legal authority, and conform with cheerfulness to the government of the country in which you live"

and

"neither are you to suffer your zeal for the institution to lead you into argument with those who, through ignorance, may ridicule it."

Have a nice day!!!!

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I saw a preacher on TV talk about them and it wasn't very good.

I have known a couple of Pastors who didn't like Masons and I have known several who were Masons. I know of nothing in Freemasonry that conflicts with my Christian beliefs.
    I also have seen some preachers on TV that, if they were accused of being a Christian, you couldn't find enough evidence to indict them, let alone convict them.

Doug

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So why did you guys let in Jack the Ripper? That guy was all sorts of crazy.

"sigh"
    from the Indiana Monitor - 1st degree charge to a newly made mason:

"neither are you to suffer you zeal for the institution to lead you into argument with those who, through ignorance, may ridicule it."

Gee, electra, maybe you're right. Guess I missed the ridicule and thought the question was semi-serious. My bad.

Doug

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I saw a preacher on TV talk about them and it wasn't very good.

I have known a couple of Pastors who didn't like Masons and I have known several who were Masons. I know of nothing in Freemasonry that conflicts with my Christian beliefs.

My uncle was a Freemason, and he told me about a conversation with his pastor. I can't remember it verbatim but it went like this. Pastor you contribute to them why can't you contribute that money to the church. Him I tithe to the church if I want to contribute to something else that's my business. Pastor but you should contribute that extra to the church. Him I contribute what is demanded by the bible, If I want to contribute elsewhere that is my business. And if you don't like it I'll take my worship to another church. Pastor Oh no don't do that. The pastor left him alone about it after that.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    My uncle was a Freemason, and he told me about a conversation with his pastor. I can't remember it verbatim but it went like this. Pastor you contribute to them why can't you contribute that money to the church. Him I tithe to the church if I want to contribute to something else that's my business. Pastor but you should contribute that extra to the church. Him I contribute what is demanded by the bible, If I want to contribute elsewhere that is my business. And if you don't like it I'll take my worship to another church. Pastor Oh no don't do that. The pastor left him alone about it after that.

Hmm. So I will only give to God what is the min amount possible, that is the highest level of dedication you will get from me, nothing more. And I will give the extra to a secret society, that claims to be Biblical but draws a clear line between its male members and the rest of the bride of Christ.

Your uncle has a point.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Hmm. So I will only give to God what is the min amount possible, that is the highest level of dedication you will get from me, nothing more. And I will give the extra to a secret society, that claims to be Biblical but draws a clear line between its male members and the rest of the bride of Christ.

Your uncle has a point.

I think that maybe the context of the conversation is what we're missing here. If my pastor confronted me and demanded that I give my extra money to the church instead of where I'm putting it now, I'd be upset and probably give a similar response. However, if it was a matter of spiritual counseling in which the pastor encouraged me to pray on where I'm putting my money, that's a different conversation.
    I was skeptical when my husband "joined up," but after I read all I was allowed to (including the obligatory booklet...So your husband is becoming a Mason...or whatever it's called), I was good with it. It's about morality and doing good deeds in a community. They ask that you believe in a higher power, not necessarily any specific church or set of religious beliefs. Morality is bigger than my personal choice of church or religion.

electra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    umm . . . wandering a bit off topic here, but if you take up Matthew 25 (v40) does the Lord imply that doing anything for the least of these has to be done through the Church? I'm not sure, but haven't lost any sleep after having observed myriad contributions to many worthwhile charities through the various masonic groups . ..

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think that maybe the context of the conversation is what we're missing here. If my pastor confronted me and demanded that I give my extra money to the church instead of where I'm putting it now, I'd be upset and probably give a similar response. However, if it was a matter of spiritual counseling in which the pastor encouraged me to pray on where I'm putting my money, that's a different conversation.
    Agreed context is important...however...

I was skeptical when my husband "joined up," but after I read all I was allowed to (including the obligatory booklet...So your husband is becoming a Mason...or whatever it's called), I was good with it. It's about morality and doing good deeds in a community. They ask that you believe in a higher power, not necessarily any specific church or set of religious beliefs. Morality is bigger than my personal choice of church or religion.

So this group is also putting secrets between a husband and his wife, that is also not Biblical. As when a man and woman marry, they become one.

Sorry folks, but its a front. The mason may claim to be a religious organization. And some men might even find God through the group, but there is nothing good that comes from a place that tries to hide so many aspects of their interworkings. And talking Christ-like and Acting Christ- are two different concepts.

I'm not a mason hater... I'm just not biting, on Biblical principals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom