• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I have an ATI Commander that i would like to get some Novak sights put on.
    I checked with Novak's and the price of shipping and sight installation plus return shipping even for just the slide is close to the cost of the gun itself. I dont mind paying but more then the gun seems unwise.
    Are there any good gunsmithes in the Indy area? If there was some one I could take it to and not have to mess with shipping would be awesome.
    Novaks would be great but just some larger, white dot or night sights would really help.
    I have used Verne Tressler years ago but dont think he is still working.
    Also I really enjoy this sight so big thanks to all that keep it going strong.
    Any info would be helpful.
    Thanks
    CJ

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I've checked with 500 guns about Verne and he's in Centerville now. About 200 miles round trip for me. He's worked on two guns for me about 15 years ago and I was really happy. Can't believe there is no one in Indy area gunsmithing. Oh well. May just give it a shot myself. Replacing just the sights and trigger won't be tough. And it's an inexpensive gun. Really just got it to make a few holsters but I really like this gun for the money it's a great deal. I've had Kimbers and Springfields that I had done at Novak's and this gun is not far from there level for a fraction of the cost. Thanks for the responses.
    CJ

Top Bottom