• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonville43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Jasonville, Indiana
    If so check out the Monsters of Rock Cruise sit on Facebook, the wife and I went this year and are booked for next year!!! It is a blast and if you are a fan of this music you will have an awesome time!!!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I will have to check it out. I am wondering if I have enough time to grow out a mullet. ;)

Just went to see Poison and Def Leppard at Deercreek, what a great show. Yes, I still call it Deercreek.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Oh hell yes! To this very day I still wait for when mullets and Trans Ams come back! Hair Nation is the top station on my XM radio. I would love to do that cruise but I just have one little problem - I don't think the wife would be willing to go and I KNOW she won't send me on a cruise without her.

She tolerates a little of the hair band stuff, but while I was jamming to that back in the 80s she was listening to that other god-awful stuff they were playing back then.

jasonville43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Jasonville, Indiana
    Oh hell yes! To this very day I still wait for when mullets and Trans Ams come back! Hair Nation is the top station on my XM radio. I would love to do that cruise but I just have one little problem - I don't think the wife would be willing to go and I KNOW she won't send me on a cruise without her.

She tolerates a little of the hair band stuff, but while I was jamming to that back in the 80s she was listening to that other god-awful stuff they were playing back then.

Hair Nation rocks!! Use all your powers to get her to consider it!!!

jasonville43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Jasonville, Indiana
    Wow that cruise looks amazing!

It is amazing!! We went this year and its so cool, you get to hang out with and watch some of your favorite bands of the past!! When the wife and I boarded the ship we looked around and then went to find our cabin. We went to the elavator and as we were getting in Tom from Cinderella got in with us with his family! Did I mention that Cinderella was my wife's FAVORITE band!!! We introduced ourselves and chatted for a min! Later that evening we were in one of the bars and got to spend some time hanging out with Eric as well :rockwoot:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hair metal. Sheesh. My first concert was at the Hollywood Palladium in 1985.

It was Venom, Slayer and Exodus.

Before that I was listening to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

So I never got into the hair metal. I would get banned if I posted what we used to call it.

That said, concerts are always a good time if you like the bands, so enjoy!

jasonville43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Jasonville, Indiana
    Hair metal. Sheesh. My first concert was at the Hollywood Palladium in 1985.

It was Venom, Slayer and Exodus.

Before that I was listening to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

So I never got into the hair metal. I would get banned if I posted what we used to call it.

That said, concerts are always a good time if you like the bands, so enjoy!
    LOL I was into the Real metal in my younger days but I have come to enjoy the music that is Hair metal :)

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg

I've been looking for two days for an old picture of me with my mullet and '77 Firebird Formula (almost a Trans Am :rockwoot:) but I guess I don't have any of them anymore.

Back in the day I was more of a Metallica/Metal Church/Anthrax guy but I was also a closet fan of hair metal bands like Cinderella, Poison, Ratt, Whitesnake, Dokken, etc. I event went to see Def Leppard and Heart a couple of summers ago at Deer Creek...err...Verizon...err... whatever the hell they call it these days.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    It just depends on the day whether I'll jam to some Maiden or Whitesnake. Oh, and pretty soon the youngins will be calling it Verizon in a nostalgic sense just like many still call it deer creek. Isn't it now klipsch?

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My favorite...

ratt.jpg

A three way tie for second is Motley Crue, Cinderella, and Vixen. Anyone remember Dangerous Toys?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    First concert for me was RATT, 1984 Dancing Undercover Tour. They came to the Decatur(IL) Civic Center and left banned forever! lol I had a backstage pass and it was definitely an experience! :D

Top Bottom