• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm curious if anyone has been watching the NHL Playoffs. There have been some pretty good games so far. I hope I'm not the only hockey fan here.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I'm sure there are plenty of hockey fans here though I'm not one of them. There have been some good games though. Boston pulling off that miracle was one.

I do watch ESPN. :)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Blackhawks look tough. Detroit is playing on borrowed time. Hawks will likely move onto the Conference Finals pretty quickly. Buuuuttt.... then again the Wings are the Wings.

I'm a Rangers fan myself. As you can see.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Knock on wood...the Wings have yet to beat the Hawks this year and most of the games weren't close. But it is the playoffs and all bets are off. I hate the Wings (go figure) but they did take out the second best in the West.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Oh no! Here we go with a Penguins fan. I'm from PA and went to college in the 'burgh. I saw the Rangers take many beatings there during Lemuiex and Jagr days. I saw Jagr get 4 goals there one night.

I just hope their series with Ottawa goes 7 games. And they all go into triple OT.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Oh no! Here we go with a Penguins fan. I'm from PA and went to college in the 'burgh. I saw the Rangers take many beatings there during Lemuiex and Jagr days. I saw Jagr get 4 goals there one night.

I just hope their series with Ottawa goes 7 games. And they all go into triple OT.

I would rep you again, but it won't let me!

p.s. I was/am a huge Lemieux fan, so the "old days" didn't bother me. ;)

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Knock on wood...the Wings have yet to beat the Hawks this year and most of the games weren't close. But it is the playoffs and all bets are off. I hate the Wings (go figure) but they did take out the second best in the West.

I would have to say 3 of 4 meetings going into OT and 2 to a shootout is close, I can already tell you are a hawks fan with an off the wall remark like such. The wings have a fair share of players with little playoff experience. Plus with a sub-par D this year we have done just fine. I think its all the years...yeah I said YEARS of walking all over the hawks, their fans are still a little sour. Lets see the hawks make it into the 2nd round on the playoffs during the 1st year of rebuilding.

The hawks will for sure win the series, the team as a hole is just synced. Everyone is doing what needs to be done, the shortened season helps of course. This year the hawks might get number five but they are still a long way away. Heck the wings have more just as many cups as the hawks do in the last 17 years as the hawks have in their entire 87 years of history!!!

Oh did I mention GO WINGS :rockwoot:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Was at the Hawks game last night. It was insane. Was wearing the Seabrook jersey when he saved that goal, on our side too. I just screamed HOLY S***. Amazing atmosphere. My first playoff game.

Oh and i nearly lost my voice because DETROIT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I watch as many games as I can during playoffs, can never get enough hockey. Watching Sharks and Kings as I type this

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I dont really see any Wing fans that have so much hate for the Hawks, like the Hawk fans do for the Wings. I actually think they are some of the best games. Both organizations have a lot of respect for one another, as well as the players. Once the Wings move east, I will have no issues with the Hawks winning or doing well. :dunno:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Brodeur all the way! I've been watching for about 2-3 years now and I enjoy watching the Devils play. Unfortunately they weren't very good this year. But hey, at least I haven't seen any Flyers fans. Not big on Philly. It seems like I'm always scheduled to work when a game is going on, so I haven't watched hardly any of the playoffs.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I like the Hawks and have respect for what they have accomplished. However I am a Red Wings fan. Have been and probably always will be.

I actually got to play against the old time Red Wings in the late 80's and it was unreal how good those guys were still. Even when they looked as if they should have been in wheel chairs. Gordie Howe was playing and his feet would spin up and he would be buy you in a second when not paying attention. Was an awesome time.

We also got to play before a Rangers/Wings game and got to meet all the Red Wings in their locker room.

Hockey players are a different breed. Not sure if people realize that or not. Even back then when Detroit was just emerging as a power house team (after the horrible 70's and early 80's) and those guys were the nicest bunch to a group of high schooler's that looked up to them.

My son started playing 2 years ago and I see it hasn't changed much in the respect of
    "hockey folks" that are playing the sports. The parents and kids are just as nice now in Indiana/Illinois playing as they were in Michigan when I was growing up.

Hockey is a lifestyle choice. It's not just a sport.

Top Bottom