• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I may soon be in the market for a 1903A3 rifle. Any shops in central Indiana keep old milsurps like this (or Enfields for that matter) in stock? Most shops I frequent mostly just have handguns and the usual assortment of AR's and AK's (not that there's anything wrong with that). Also, if anyone has experience mounting a scope on one of these guns (without drilling or modifying) I'd be curious how that worked. Thanks

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I may soon be in the market for a 1903A3 rifle. Any shops in central Indiana keep old milsurps like this (or Enfields for that matter) in stock? Most shops I frequent mostly just have handguns and the usual assortment of AR's and AK's (not that there's anything wrong with that). Also, if anyone has experience mounting a scope on one of these guns (without drilling or modifying) I'd be curious how that worked. Thanks

It looks like they moved across the border in Louisville, but the 111 Gun Shop had the largest collection of C&R's I've seen. They had a variety so I can't speak to a 1903A3 specifically.

You may also want to try the CMP in Port Clinton, OH. It isn't a bad drive depending on where you live.

Doug

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I saw one a few years ago at Blythe's in Valparaiso. Not saying they have one now...but they do have a small selection of Surplus rifles. Bradi's south of Indy had a nice collection too but don't recall 03s..but I wasn't shopping either.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    IIRC, Blythe's (sadly) doesn't have much mil-surp at the moment. If you feel like taking the jaunt out to Cabela's, they should still have some Enfields, an 03, and some overpriced 1917s

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Try checking with Falls City Firearms in Clarksville. I saw at least one when I was in there a couple of weeks ago. The owner post here as Indiucky.

It looks like they moved across the border in Louisville, but the 111 Gun Shop had the largest collection of C&R's I've seen. They had a variety so I can't speak to a 1903A3 specifically.

Last I heard they were almost all tacticool stuff now.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    There is one right now on the INGO classifieds put up for sale by mrortega. It appears he just "bumped" it 4 days ago. He may still have it?

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Nobody really "stocks" any 1903 or 1903a3 rifles since they haven't been produced since the early 40's. Some might turn up here and there. The CMP isn't selling any at the moment. Your best bet would be hit some gun shows. Avoid rifles that have been messed with. The ones that are sporterized, drilled and tapped or sanded and refinished don't sell very well.

Ive seen some at almost every 1500 I've been to. I've fequently seen guys walking some pretty decent ones around for as low as $500. I'd start there as most shops seem to think they are $800 to $1000 rifles but nobody seems to be buying at that price.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OP I'm not sure how far you would wish to drive, but here goes. Do you know anybody in OGCA (Ohio Gun Collectors Assoc.)? They are having a show this weekend (July 18,19) in Wilmington, OH and I usually see a good number of 03A3s at the shows. Last one I attended there were probably close to twenty at 6 or 7 different tables. You need to know a member though, because only members and their guests can attend. If you are attracted to Garands and M1As you might want to wear blinders. wilmington is about halfway between Columbus and Cinncinnati on I71. Looks like you could get on Ohio 35 off of I675 around Dayton then Ohio 68 and show is at the Roberts Center right where OH68 crosses I71. Mapquest says 145 miles from Indy center to Wilmington.

Top Bottom