• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Remington makes ammo w/ what they call a "trunctuated cone" bullet,named after a snake-[viper,maybe?] -works great in mine. Jam-o-matic W/about averything else.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I Had One

I used to have a Jennings 22 pistol, which I sold to a friend. I had never
    fired it.
    He kept it for several years, fired hundreds of rounds through it, before
    it started to fall apart.
    The finish was peeling off, and it was becoming so "loose", he was afraid
    to fire it. He took a sledge hammer to it, and pitched it in the garbage.
    To each his own.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have one that I inherited along with other guns. I think it's a neat little gun that I keep for a tackle box gun and that is it. It's fine to pling around with but you must have the correct type of ammo and keep the gun clean. Even then it will probably come apart in your hand like mine did.

But Like I said, thrown in the tackle box just for fun is great if you already have the gun. If not, don't buy one.:D

CCI Mini-mags are good for this gun.

Here is a web site for more info
    http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/

Last edited:

TR1032

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    I'll admit I have one. I don't think I paid more than $30 for it at a pawn shop out of curiosity. Other than the constant jamming and totally non-functioning safety it is just fine........

I'm saving it for a "buy back".

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    I had one once. Don't dry fire it. It will break off the firing pin and shoot it out the end of the barrel and don't get lazy and spray it with Carb cleaner, all the plastic will crumble and fall off. Ask me how I know.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I have to credit a Jennings 22. After a few rounds it caused me to go straight out and buy a Colt 357 revolver. I sure enjoyed shooting that Jennings (with my new 357 that is.)

78spitfire0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    SPENCER
    Now thats funny about making u but a 357 to shoot the jennings. I will runs some rounds threw the 2 I have and report how they did. If it jams much I'll post a pic of what a sks will do to one

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have one that I inherited along with other guns. I think it's a neat little gun that I keep for a tackle box gun and that is it. It's fine to pling around with but you must have the correct type of ammo and keep the gun clean. Even then it will probably come apart in your hand like mine did.

But Like I said, thrown in the tackle box just for fun is great if you already have the gun. If not, don't buy one.:D

CCI Mini-mags are good for this gun.

Here is a web site for more info
    bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com :: Index

Oh my god. Theres a dedicated forum for Bryco-Jennings :laugh:.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I just got a few j22s and wonder if they are worth keeping?:dunno:
    Well, I have a Hi Point JHP in .45 ACP that is not an expensive pistol, but it is very accurate and so far has been running great for me. I can't help you with the Jennings though, don't really have any experience with them. Sorry.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Well, I have a Hi Point JHP in .45 ACP that is not an expensive pistol, but it is very accurate and so far has been running great for me. I can't help you with the Jennings though, don't really have any experience with them. Sorry.

I have one of those too. My son says it feels like one of those guns on an arcade game.

I would hate to get pistol whipped with that hunk of metal:):

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Sometime back in the early nineties I had gotten my first handgun, a Jennings .22. My buddy and I were out in the woods shooting it and I was standing behind him watching him shoot. All of a sudden he just stopped and I said, "what are you waiting on".... he just looked up at me with a very disgusted look on his face and that's when I saw the outline of the rear of the slide on his forehead. I looked and the only thing he had in his hand was the frame. I threw it away.

Todd

JeepinGunGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    South Bend
    I had 2 over the years the first one a 25, it shot full auto with the safety on (if it didn't jam) and the second one a 22lr would fire at random times like if you took the mag out, put it in, things like that. I got it from a friend who shot a hole in his bedroom wall after he knocked it off of his dresser onto the bed, a whole 3 foot fall onto a soft surface. I turned both of them in at one of the guns for gifts things for $150 gift card each, went into Wal-Mart and got $300 worth of ammo and cleaning supplies. Be careful with it if you do keep and shoot it.

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    I have had a few J22s through the years.
    It seems like about 1 in 20 will cycle through a magazine.
    If you get one, clean it real good and try it.
    If it cycles, keep it, use it and keep it clean.
    If it doesn't cycle, get rid of it.

Top Bottom