• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I haveA desktop that will not display to A monitor after installing the video card. I tried uninstalling the video card in hooking back up to the motherboard, however it will not displaying to monitor. Everything was fine until I install the video card. I tried switching the jumpers but that hasn't reset the settings either.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Have you installed the software/driver for the new video card? - use old video port until driver is installed.
    Are you sure it is seated all the way?
    Least likely is new card is bad.

Just saw your picture. Have you tried the other spot and see if it works there?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I turned the computer off, physically removed the new video card, plugged the monitor back into the motherboard VGA and it still won't give me video.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Everything runs. HDD starts up fine. All lights are on on the mobo. Mouse lights up when plugged into usb. It does constantly spin up an empty cd drive.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Could your monitors settings perhaps have been switched? I know my old dell had a button on th efront, easy as heck to hit and not know it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are you working in a carpeted area in socks or bare feet by any chance?

Sounds pretty bad. A CMOS battery pull should make it come back to life. improper installation of the card could damage the motherboard via ESD (electrostatic discharge). Its also possible the motherboard had a minor weakness in a solder joint and the pressure of adding the card broke that already weakened part.

Try this: remove the RAM chips. With the RAM chips out it should complain via beeps when you turn it on. (you may need to scour the motherboard manual to make sure it has an onboard PC Speaker, as opposed to sound card speakers)

If it has a speaker and you remove the ram and it does nothing still, the motherboard or Processor are toast. By removing the ram it should trigger warning beeps if it is still alive. Does the CPU fan spin?

Have you verified the monitor is good on another PC? As others have said, depending on the MFR, when you power up the monitor, it should show a splash screen. (most do anyway). Also with the monitor powered up, try making adjustments to the monitor using the menu. does the monitor's on screen menu display when you try to adjust, or is this an old manually adjusted tube type monitor instead of an LCD?

A bad monitor would manifest itself with the PC booting. You can tell it is booting by watching the hard drive light. If it powers up and the drive spins but you never see the HDD activity light go nuts during boot, its not a dead monitor issue and is simply powering up but not booting.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Does the computer POST? Try remove your Graphics card and use the on board graphics on your motherboard and see if you get graphics there.

Isolate the issue down to the graphics card if possible.

I think a lot of people here are over thinking what the problem is.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Do you have another monitor to test? Or another system to test that monitor? A few years back my parents ended up buying a whole new setup because their monitor died (I was living out of state at the time). I was visiting a few months later and helping to troubleshoot the old system to try to restore some old files. Hooked the old system up to the new monitor and it booted and ran fine. Parents weren't overjoyed to find out they bought an all new system when they only needed a new monitor...lol!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does the computer POST? Try remove your Graphics card and use the on board graphics on your motherboard and see if you get graphics there.

Isolate the issue down to the graphics card if possible.

I think a lot of people here are over thinking what the problem is.

I belive he he said he removed the card and still no joy.

Top Bottom