• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Somebody mentioned Lacuna Coil............

I think Christina Scabia from Lacuna Coil is super hot.........can sing OK (not as good as Amy Lee), and I like their music.

My favorite album of theirs is Comalies.

FWIW I detest Def Leppard, Warrant, Ratt and all that other big hair safe for women pop-ish stuff. I call it "pot metal", not in any reference to stoners (no disrespect meant toward the Cheetos bandits)..................more like a Chinese zinc casting...........poor quality.

I liked some of the "hair metal", but it was kinda like an appetizer, tiding you over for real metal, lol. They had/have some talented musicians in those bands, and they did make "metal" more mainstream, so it's not all bad..

As for Lacuna Coil, I really like "chick metal", Epica, Nightwish, Halestorm, Evanescence(before it became the Amy Lee band), Within Temptation, etc and there is a fairly new local band that is getting some attention called Noctura that's pretty good..

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    i don't listen as much as when i was a kid. old metallica (saw 3 times on black album tour), anthrax, suicidal tendencies, kreator, g-n-r (kinda metal).

as far as newer stuff, i've not been following too much. i've listened to a lot of mastodon on youtube, but that's about it.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera Pantera every day before I go to work.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Tyler34 got me hooked on High on Fire:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0VPVawpN8E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mlsUVAbVcM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w[/ame]

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Didn't anyone ever remember Triumph?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-AwlBkYBKY&feature=related[/ame]

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Count me in!! Atreyu, Metallica (Black album and prior), Sevendust, Abandon All Ships, All that Remains, As I lay Dying, August Burns Red, Deftones, Korn, Devil Wears Prada...list goes on and on...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Look up Budgie and Sir Lord Baltimore; there are your origins. When I had XM, I camped on "liquid metal" and found interesting things like Type O Negative, Opeth, Acacia Strain, etc. etc., but I go back to the 70's and pretty much all the real stuff since. Hair, not so much :) but I listen to pretty much everything but CW and hiphop/crap, and yes, that includes opera. Opera and classical can be pretty badass. See if "O Mio Babbino Caro" doesn't bring tears to your eyes. Wonder that Sarasate's "Zapateado" can be played without damaging the violin. Your horizons... expand them.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Late 60's until disco...original metal bands and the god of metal...OZZIE...Sabbath invented the term.

ever hear of the band dust? heavy proto-metal band that only had two albums. original band of kenny aaronson and marc bell (marky ramone). a lot of there stuff is on youtube.

Look up Budgie and Sir Lord Baltimore; there are your origins. When I had XM, I camped on "liquid metal" and found interesting things like Type O Negative, Opeth, Acacia Strain, etc. etc., but I go back to the 70's and pretty much all the real stuff since. Hair, not so much :) but I listen to pretty much everything but CW and hiphop/crap, and yes, that includes opera. Opera and classical can be pretty badass. See if "O Mio Babbino Caro" doesn't bring tears to your eyes. Wonder that Sarasate's "Zapateado" can be played without damaging the violin. Your horizons... expand them.

don't forget diamondhead, another early pioneer of british metal.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    I remember Buster Brown! They played Indy too. Did you know that several of the members went on to form the band Kingdom Come?
    Yes, James Kotack the drummer for Buster joined Kingdom Come. He now, I believe is the drummer for the Scorpions

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    tyler is fairly obsessed with high on fire and pantera, I always know when he's working on knives because he absolutely CRANKS it and I hate it.

Top Bottom