• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I love my TJ.

Saying that, I'd love to buy an old CJ and have it be primarily for off road.

I also want an old Willys to drive around town.

I'm also really starting to like the new 4-door Wranglers.

And now, my wife is trying to talk me into finding a way to trade her G6 for a new Jeep Grand Cherokee.....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I love my TJ.

Saying that, I'd love to buy an old CJ and have it be primarily for off road.

I also want an old Willys to drive around town.

I'm also really starting to like the new 4-door Wranglers.

And now, my wife is trying to talk me into finding a way to trade her G6 for a new Jeep Grand Cherokee.....
    My Wife has a 4 Door JK Sahara, I tried to get a Rubi she said NO, and it is an AWESOME Product.

It has been a pretty cool toy, like the 3 times I have gotten to drive it... :(

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    My 2011 Wrangler.

jeep-1.jpg

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well technically you are required to have 2 mirrors on a vehicle. So if you take the doors off an XJ you legally are suppose to mount a second mirror. I have never heard of someone getting pulled over for having 1 mirror though.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Well technically you are required to have 2 mirrors on a vehicle. So if you take the doors off an XJ you legally are suppose to mount a second mirror. I have never heard of someone getting pulled over for having 1 mirror though.

In Indiana, you are only required to have 1 mirror

P.S.

I own a Jeep cHEROkee.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Put two mirrors on it so you don't have to deal with those who might not know the law like they think they do.

BTW I drive a GRAND Cherokee, because after 40 food tastes really good........... and I wanna get to it no matter the weather (grocery store in blizzard or hauling a deer out of the woods).

Bigger rig, more food :)

Carry lots more than those bone rattling no heat CJ5's I drove for years.

Last edited:

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I really want to try to take my doors off.
    I wonder if I'd still get pulled over...

Any idea on the ticket cost?

Got a buddy that wheels a Toyota 4 Runner without doors and while he has been ticketed and impounded for things ranging from having lights that were missing to driving it with a destroyed windshield he has never been ticketed for not having doors or mirrors. Fact is there is no way doors would ever go back on his rig it's been rolled twice and bounced of who knows how many tree's.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I got a newer jeep a couple weeks ago. Not sure how well she fits in this thread though.

The day I got her.
    70765a22.jpg

As of yesterday. (horrible picture the window tinter sent me)
    6ee748ad.jpg

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I think if you dig a little further, you will find out the IC says one Interior Mirror and one Exterior Mirror mounted on the left of the vehicle... :popcorn:

I'm not trying to be a smartass.
    With all due respect, most of the other states law codes were specific about needing left/right side mirrors. Indiana's code is not.

Originally Posted by IN.gov
    Information Maintained by the Office of Code Revision Indiana Legislative Services Agency
    06/01/2008 02:45:29 PM EDT
    IC 9-19-12
    Chapter 12. Rear View Mirrors

IC 9-19-12-1
    Safety requirements
    Sec. 1. A motor vehicle that is constructed or loaded so as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear from the driver's position must be equipped with a mirror located so as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred (200) feet to the rear of the vehicle.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

IC 9-19-12-2
    United States Department of Transportation regulations; classification of violations
    Sec. 2. (a) This section does not apply to a person who owns or operates a vehicle or combination of vehicles that:
    (1) contain parts and accessories; and
    (2) is equipped;
    as required under regulations of the United States Department of Transportation.
    (b) A person who violates this chapter commits a Class C infraction.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well good to know that you only need one mirror in IN. I always error on the side of caution when dealing with law enforcement thus my statement about needing 2 mirrors.

So take the doors off and enjoy. I know that guys have some issues getting the doors to align when they put them back on. I have seen other hinges retro-fit to XJ's to fix the sagging doors.

Top Bottom