• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Any opinions on the Warn VR series winches? I know they are made in China, but the ZEON series are made in USA.

Being the VR is Warn’s budget winch, it still has to be better than Smittybilt, right?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd love to have those with a PVS-14 or dual goggle set-up! With the windshield folded, it would be ideal for that setup!
    I drove mine with a single -14, with a Surefire Vampire flashlight for illum, definitely NOT optimum. If I find the right deal, and sell some watches or guns, I’m buying a dual tube NV unit, and the JK is going blackout drive! Catch me now coppers!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Any opinions on the Warn VR series winches? I know they are made in China, but the ZEON series are made in USA.

Being the VR is Warn’s budget winch, it still has to be better than Smittybilt, right?

Smittybilts have been redesigned and are considered a solid winch now, and waterproof, too. I've got an XRC9000. I haven't used it in anger, but the fit/finish remote, all seem as nice as any I've seen. Everything went together and fit right. We'll see how it does. I like the magnetic remote and light weight. (46lbs.). It is the synthetic rope model. I've got an Engo on my JK and it has worked really well for 8 or 9 years, and is going strong. That's a good brand, too, IMO.
    XME0wz9.jpg

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Smittybilts have been redesigned and are considered a solid winch now, and waterproof, too. I've got an XRC9000. I haven't used it in anger, but the fit/finish remote, all seem as nice as any I've seen. Everything went together and fit right. We'll see how it does. I like the magnetic remote and light weight. (46lbs.). It is the synthetic rope model. I've got an Engo on my JK and it has worked really well for 8 or 9 years, and is going strong. That's a good brand, too, IMO.
    XME0wz9.jpg

Huh. I’ll definitely have to think about that now.

I’m still looking at bumpers. I really like these 2. Full width and mid width, both made of aluminum. Just can’t make up my mind which I want.
    L6gB1ja.jpg

CXraprg.jpg

qAbGyjR.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Anybody looking for something to do next month? Come out, see some cool trucks at the 10th annual Iron Horse 4x4s Beauty and the Beast truck show. Help support The Autism Society of Indiana.If you have a truck, be she a "Beauty" or a "Beast" 4x4, or 2 wheel drive, bring her out... and enter her for a chance at a trophy and prizes...
    There will also be drawings for door prizes, raffles, cornhole, a DJ, and more...

oEwK1r3.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/196090334390137/

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I'm still perusing JK and WK2 classifieds to replace my Silverado, but my CJ is finally to the point where it could come home! There are a few small details here and there that I want to tackle, but she's all done for the most part.

JhTXK7h.jpg

This should help quell the Jeep bug for a little while.

Now if I could only catch one of the handful of cops that live in my neighborhood to sign off on my VIN check form in order to finish up the title and registration so I could drive it around [strike]more[/strike]. :whistle:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I'm still perusing JK and WK2 classifieds to replace my Silverado, but my CJ is finally to the point where it could come home! There are a few small details here and there that I want to tackle, but she's all done for the most part.

JhTXK7h.jpg

This should help quell the Jeep bug for a little while.

Now if I could only catch one of the handful of cops that live in my neighborhood to sign off on my VIN check form in order to finish up the title and registration so I could drive it around [strike]more[/strike]. :whistle:

That is sexy.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    That is sexy.
    A high-hood! That looks fantastic.

Thanks! I think I'm going to call Southport or Beech Grove PD (the two closest stations to my house) and see if I can run out there to do the Vin check this afternoon or sometime this evening. I haven't been able to catch any of my neighbors out and about yet. I'm ready to get her registered and put some miles on the clock.

She's been almost 7 years in the making with a few hiccups along the way. I pretty much had her to a restored rolling chassis within the first few months, but then my wife (fiancee at the time) got an internship, turned job up here in Indy. I followed suite and moved from S. Indiana and it pretty much sat in my Dad's barn tore apart for a good 4-5 years. My dad would work on it here and there, but he drug it out and really busted it when our little one was on the way to finished it up for me. It's surreal seeing it in the garage now after having it tore down and stored in boxes for years and that not to mention my dad's generosity with his time and materials to finish up the build.

I have a few finishing touches I want to do, but they will take time on a shoestring budget for now: seat belts, paint the embossed WILLYS lettering, Four Wheel Drive stencil on tailgate, bikini top, find or make soft top bows and restore my old top I have stored away. I'm also debating on a set of classic styled KC daylighters to add some much needed light if I'm out and about after dark and to complete the vintage resto-mod look it has going on. Eventually she'll need a more aggressive set of tires and I would like to scrounge up a 5th wheel and spare tire.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thanks! I think I'm going to call Southport or Beech Grove PD (the two closest stations to my house) and see if I can run out there to do the Vin check this afternoon or sometime this evening. I haven't been able to catch any of my neighbors out and about yet. I'm ready to get her registered and put some miles on the clock.

She's been almost 7 years in the making with a few hiccups along the way. I pretty much had her to a restored rolling chassis within the first few months, but then my wife (fiancee at the time) got an internship, turned job up here in Indy. I followed suite and moved from S. Indiana and it pretty much sat in my Dad's barn tore apart for a good 4-5 years. My dad would work on it here and there, but he drug it out and really busted it when our little one was on the way to finished it up for me. It's surreal seeing it in the garage now after having it tore down and stored in boxes for years and that not to mention my dad's generosity with his time and materials to finish up the build.

I have a few finishing touches I want to do, but they will take time on a shoestring budget for now: seat belts, paint the embossed WILLYS lettering, Four Wheel Drive stencil on tailgate, bikini top, find or make soft top bows and restore my old top I have stored away. I'm also debating on a set of classic styled KC daylighters to add some much needed light if I'm out and about after dark and to complete the vintage resto-mod look it has going on. Eventually she'll need a more aggressive set of tires and I would like to scrounge up a 5th wheel and spare tire.
    My neighbor does the Vin checks for Southport P.D.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Installed my new bumper and winch this weekend.

I kinda think it needs a light on the top of the bumper. Not sure if I’d want round lights or a 10” light bar.
    n6iyWkT.jpg

5Abi5pH.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm going to replace the front bumper on my JL hopefully some time soon this year. I've never owned a vehicle with a winch on the bumper and have always heard it's a good way to have it get stolen. I wouldn't mind the winch, but don't want to loose one either.

Top Bottom