• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Very nice setup. Wish the JK had the wiring and switches already built in!

What light bar and mount is that on your bumper?

It is an Inspired Engineering Prismatic. It is all spot-light, which I don't need so much withe the LED headlamps. I wish it was a little brighter, too. It does some funky background color stuff, but that's a bit gimmicky. It does have the nicest mounting system I've seen, which is adjustable for any width of holes within it's own 14" length. I'm probably going to swap it out eventually for something made by Rigid, or a Quadratec single row I was planning on putting on the JK. The JK might do better with this thing's light pattern.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    EWhiT8z.jpg

PECpw2O.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I saw a new Rubicon at a dealership the other day. It had been sent to "American Expedition Vehicles Montana USA" for a complete build. It had 35x12.50R17 MT's new bumpers and a bunch of other stuff, but the most awesome was the 6.4L Hemi!! I guessed a price tag of $100,000. He said yep. It is listed at $104,000.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm heading out with a couple buddies and Jeeps to Moab on October 18, via the Rimrocker Trail, which starts in Montrose, UT. We leave the 18th and start home on the 25th, if anybody is interested in coming along. We're stopping to camp, weather permitting, on the UT/CO border on the Rimrocker Trail. The rest of the time, we'll stay in hotels, unless we decide to camp another night, such as on the White Rim Road, or other trail. Let me know if you are interested.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I'm heading out with a couple buddies and Jeeps to Moab on October 18, via the Rimrocker Trail, which starts in Montrose, UT. We leave the 18th and start home on the 25th, if anybody is interested in coming along. We're stopping to camp, weather permitting, on the UT/CO border on the Rimrocker Trail. The rest of the time, we'll stay in hotels, unless we decide to camp another night, such as on the White Rim Road, or other trail. Let me know if you are interested.

Many pics, please!!!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Jealous!

I've got some friends planning a trip this time next year (Sept. 2019). Hoping to be back in the Jeep game well before then. Definitely on my bucket list.

Have a great time, be careful, and PICS!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Many pics, please!!!

Will do! I've got an action cam, a 360 cam, and a drone, too! I'm not really very good with them, but surely we'll get some good stuff, even if only a small percentage of the shots/footage turns out well.

We decided not to camp. We'll save lots of space for other gear and such by leaving camping gear at home. We'll still do a little night trail riding, though. I think I've heard that doing Secret Spire at night is popular among the Moab enthusiasts.

Went to a Jeep rally yesterday in Seymour. It was the Bob Poynter Chrysler/Jeep/Ram Jeep invasion. It was lots of fun and consisted of lunch, a nice T-shirt, and a nice scenic drive through the country on a perfect day. I took two of the kiddos, who had a blast. There were over 100 Jeeps present. Fun day. They'll do it about the same time next year. My Jeep made the main photo for The Tribune's (Jackson County) facebook page post, too! https://www.facebook.com/seymourtri....1538310308./1834721126575088/?type=3&theater
    FERtgXO.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My buddy and I are leaving Thursday morning for the Rimrocker Trail and Moab! Jeeps are ready, so it is almost time for some big fun. If anybody wants to join in, we'll be gone about 8 days. Saddle up your Jeep and come along! First stop Thursday night is Ellis, KS. Friday, we head on into Montrose, CO. Saturday, we take the Rimrocker from Montrose to Moab. Then, Sunday through Wednesday, we hit a bunch of trails. Thursday the 25th, we start home and sleep in our own beds on Friday the 26th. We've got a guy from Ohio from JK-forum joining up with us and a guy from JLwranglerforums from Colorado may jump in, as well. We'd love to have another Hoosier or two. I've got two of my boys, 13 and 7, and they are chomping at the bit. We'll get some good pics, and some video, courtesy of a drone. I'm not much of a photographer or videographer, but we should luck into a few good shots. PM me if interested! The weather in Moab will be low to mid 60's and sunny. PERFECT!

I just did a pretty nifty mod for the trip, too. It is a Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox. I've got it full of Jeep gear, but it also has bear artillery (Glock 20 with Underwood hard cast lead ammo) and it is perfect size for a truck gun such as an AR or a Tavor. Anyway, it is a nice secure box that is especially useful when running with a soft top, as I will be to Moab.

yEqq4sZ.jpg
    h0G4TSZ.jpg
    D9mjeNJ.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Oh man perfect timing. I've been looking really hard at those tuffy lock boxes for my JL and the only thing keeping me from buying one is not knowing if I can pop the hard top sections off and lay them flat in the back with that box in there.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My buddy and I are leaving Thursday morning for the Rimrocker Trail and Moab! Jeeps are ready, so it is almost time for some big fun. If anybody wants to join in, we'll be gone about 8 days. Saddle up your Jeep and come along! First stop Thursday night is Ellis, KS. Friday, we head on into Montrose, CO. Saturday, we take the Rimrocker from Montrose to Moab. Then, Sunday through Wednesday, we hit a bunch of trails. Thursday the 25th, we start home and sleep in our own beds on Friday the 26th. We've got a guy from Ohio from JK-forum joining up with us and a guy from JLwranglerforums from Colorado may jump in, as well. We'd love to have another Hoosier or two. I've got two of my boys, 13 and 7, and they are chomping at the bit. We'll get some good pics, and some video, courtesy of a drone. I'm not much of a photographer or videographer, but we should luck into a few good shots. PM me if interested! The weather in Moab will be low to mid 60's and sunny. PERFECT!

I just did a pretty nifty mod for the trip, too. It is a Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox. I've got it full of Jeep gear, but it also has bear artillery (Glock 20 with Underwood hard cast lead ammo) and it is perfect size for a truck gun such as an AR or a Tavor. Anyway, it is a nice secure box that is especially useful when running with a soft top, as I will be to Moab.

yEqq4sZ.jpg
    h0G4TSZ.jpg
    D9mjeNJ.jpg

Looks like a neat addition for a Wrangler!

And a neat trip! Enjoy it. And we want an AAR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Oh man perfect timing. I've been looking really hard at those tuffy lock boxes for my JL and the only thing keeping me from buying one is not knowing if I can pop the hard top sections off and lay them flat in the back with that box in there.

I can try that out when I return. I've got all my crap back there now, or I'd throw them back there tonight.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can try that out when I return. I've got all my crap back there now, or I'd throw them back there tonight.

If you could let me know you'd be my hero. I've asked the tech support at a couple of different places like qaudratec and even facebook messaged Tuffy and haven't gotten an answer. I've been dreaming about mounting one of those, spraying the inside with a light coat of truck bed liner to keep rattles down and packing it with some freedom.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    So I've been pretty inactive on INGO for awhile now, but I've been lurking every now and then and I'm trying to be more active so I'll be around more. I joined the Jeep club in May 2017...I felt I was paying too much for a truck I wasn't in love with and decided instead on downgrading trucks to just do a 180 and go for a Jeep. I ended up finding a pretty clean 2006 LJ up in Indy and traded in on that. This is my first Jeep and I have officially been converted, i feel like i do nothing but buy/build/repair stuff for the Jeep, talk about Jeeps, drive my wife nuts with Jeep stuff...its been a downward spiral :):

One of the main reasons I ended up buying a Jeep is because a friend of mine was planning a yearly trip to Colorado and I was determined to go. So I bought a bone stock LJ in May 2017, spent 3 months turning wrenches and making repairs, and was running all the trails I could in the San Juan National Forest area of CO by August.

Here she is the day i bought her (5/19/2017):
    29DF7890-6D89-413E-8710-5005BC26B0AE_zpszh61hlml.jpg

And the most recent picture i have (9/5/2018):
    0E3FA67C-3E50-4EC5-AB95-141B0B794460_zpstqp4bpdp.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    So I've been pretty inactive on INGO for awhile now, but I've been lurking every now and then and I'm trying to be more active so I'll be around more. I joined the Jeep club in May 2017...I felt I was paying too much for a truck I wasn't in love with and decided instead on downgrading trucks to just do a 180 and go for a Jeep. I ended up finding a pretty clean 2006 LJ up in Indy and traded in on that. This is my first Jeep and I have officially been converted, i feel like i do nothing but buy/build/repair stuff for the Jeep, talk about Jeeps, drive my wife nuts with Jeep stuff...its been a downward spiral :):

One of the main reasons I ended up buying a Jeep is because a friend of mine was planning a yearly trip to Colorado and I was determined to go. So I bought a bone stock LJ in May 2017, spent 3 months turning wrenches and making repairs, and was running all the trails I could in the San Juan National Forest area of CO by August.

Here she is the day i bought her (5/19/2017):
    29DF7890-6D89-413E-8710-5005BC26B0AE_zpszh61hlml.jpg

And the most recent picture i have (9/5/2018):
    0E3FA67C-3E50-4EC5-AB95-141B0B794460_zpstqp4bpdp.jpg

Great looking Jeep! After 2 long days on the highway (very impressed with this thing on the highway, btw), and a gorgeious drive through Colorado, we're in Montrose, CO, getting ready to do the Rimrocker Trail today, which will take us into Moab. This JL may be the most comfortable highway vehicle I've ever owned, mainly thanks to the seat and seating position. I normally get sore legs or a sore lower back after 8 plus hours, but after 11.5 hours Thursday and another 10 yesterday, I don't have an ache or pain anywhere. Also, the Jeep got 19 mpg Thursday at 75mph. It gets 21 at 65. Yesterday, it dropped to 15.6 thanks to a lot of gain in elevation and a strong sustained headwind that was a wrestling match the entire day. Then, amazingly, in the mountains of CO, it got 23mpg. Yes, 23! I'm not using the computer, either. This is by miles driven and gallons pumped. Anyway, I'll get some pics posted up of the Rimrocker hopefully tonight. Here's one with my travel buddies, and another with my friend's Jeep by Blue Mesa Reservior.
    Mj0QpP3.jpg
    MoAbd4X.jpg

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Wow! Those mpg numbers are insane for that trip...my was down in the single digits haha but that was all day crawling. We did 3000 miles round trip, spent most of the time in the Ouray/Telluride/Durango areas. Looks like Montrose about 45 mins north of Ouray...if you have the extra time I highly suggest a visit. It’s a great little town but it is surrounded by trails and mountain passes

Top Bottom