• ...and so much more!
  • betus12

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2024
    Kokomo
    I have a Steyr C9 A2 and I love everything about it. The triangle sights work really well for me, a good trigger and I like the low bore axis. I've seen some mixed reviews though, what do you all think here?

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    (This thread should actually be in the "Handguns" sub-forum)

Congrats on the A2! Any pics?

Not many here own Steyr pistols.
    I have an older C9 A1 and absolutely love the feel. It would be my EDC if not for the lack of accessories for it.

There are only a handful of US companies making holsters for the Steyr pistols. And for the older A1 series, DoubleClick is the ONLY holster mfg I can find: https://www.doubleclickholsters.com/
    (Well made holsters, but very pricey for what they are. Especially when compared to my T1C holster.)

betus12

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2024
    Kokomo
    Thanks for pointing that out! I'm out of town for a while and don't have any pictures but I tried to carry it for a few days and it's just too big for my liking.

I was able to get a holster from https://www.craftholsters.com/. It's well made and fits snug. They are also pricey but seems like that's how it is in such a niche market. I believe the A1 and A2 are similar enough in shape that an A1 will fit an A2 holster.

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have a Steyr C9 A2 and I love everything about it. The triangle sights work really well for me, a good trigger and I like the low bore axis. I've seen some mixed reviews though, what do you all think here?
    I would love to buy one, but hardly ever see them around my area at all!

betus12

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2024
    Kokomo
    I would love to buy one, but hardly ever see them around my area at all!
    I rarely see them in store but I've seen some good deals online in the past year. You can find the C9 and M9 on sale for under $400 on occasion.

I'd love to get an L9 but I haven't seen them below $500.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Fantastic pistol. I really wish Steyr would remember that they make them.
    Let's check in on the Steyr's Director of Marketing.
    Here is the COO and the CLO of Steyr at a North American marketing campaign strategy meeting:
    Seriously! There are VERY FEW accessories for the Steyr pistols. I did get a Ranger Point Precision brass insert for my C9 A1.
    The C9 has very soft recoil...the RPP brass insert really flattens it out.
    (For the record, RPP does not sell them anymore. At least not on their website.)

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’ve wanted one for awhile now, but given how little support they have I just haven’t been able to convince myself to make the jump. It would essentially just be a range toy, and with so many unfinished projects as it is I can’t afford another poorly supported toy.

There’s a dedicated following with them though, including a pretty extensive thread on AR15.com for them. Some guys have had them cut for the Holosun 407K and had success with them, so who knows. I’ll get one eventually but they’re pretty low on my list at the moment.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Steyr pistols are what Glock COULD'VE been if Gaston had allowed them to grow up.

I *used* to own two different M9A1 variants. Shot super well. Incredibly comfortable.

Little to zero aftermarket...which is why I eventually sold them off.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I will never understand why Steyr does not have a separate part number for standard sights. I would have bought one some time ago if they simply had a standard 3-dot or blacked out rear sight option.

They apparently went to the Henry Ford marketing seminar, where they learned the marketing moto, "customers can have a Model-T in any color as long as it is black".

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I will never understand why Steyr does not have a separate part number for standard sights. I would have bought one some time ago if they simply had a standard 3-dot or blacked out rear sight option.

They apparently went to the Henry Ford marketing seminar, where they learned the marketing moto, "customers can have a Model-T in any color as long as it is black".
    Trijicon makes them...for 1/3 the cost of the pistol. Ridiculous.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    These are only for the A1 series pistols. They say in the Q/A section they won't work on the A2's.
    Well, I did say I own an A1...I had the link handy. Didn't really look for the A2 compatibility.
    Dawson Precision would probably make you a set...for a price.

betus12

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2024
    Kokomo
    I have some pictures of my C9-A2 here, added a sight picture for those that haven't seen the trapezoid sights.
    1000002308.jpg 1000002314.jpg

Top Bottom