• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    I really enjoy my 1965 East German. Easy to handle, pretty easy to shoot. I can't speak for accuracy because I'm just not that accurate with anything yet...Takedown for cleaning is pretty simple, so far (I haven't unscrewed anything yet).

Just wanted to share, see if anyone else likes these.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    YES. Just sold our Bulgarian Mak. Didn't have a spot except an extra shooter. Very accurate, very nice guns.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Love my '84 Bulgarian Mak. Haven't found another carry piece that fits my hand as well as it does, swapping out a set of east german grips for the original one's.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I used to have a few Makarovs. I liked them all but eventually sold them when I decided to go in a different direction. I still have a couple of CZ 82s and a P64. Of course, there will be people along shortly to explain that those are not Pistolet Makarovas.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I used to have a few Makarovs. I liked them all but eventually sold them when I decided to go in a different direction. I still have a couple of CZ 82s and a P64. Of course, there will be people along shortly to explain that those are not Pistolet Makarovas.

You Rang?

Calling a CZ82 or P64 a Makarov is like calling a Glock 19 or CZ-75 a Luger. :n00b:

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I have owned 3 Mak's in my life. All were well built, accurate and easy to maintain. However, over time, I found them to be too big and heavy for caliber to CCW. For the same size/weight I can carry a 9mm.

Still love the history and ruggedness of a Mak, I just don't have a use for one anymore.

-G

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    You Rang?

Calling a CZ82 or P64 a Makarov is like calling a Glock 19 or CZ-75 a Luger. :n00b:
    yes ur right but its the action/ take down/ ect... that we all fell in love with

kinda the same reason we say the galil, vz58, psl, m76, even the pkm machine gun, fall with in the ak family

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I too am kicking myself for not snagging a real Mak when they were cheap. Just barely missed out on a sweet deal on one on consignment a couple months ago, hopefully another cheap one will show up.

Not a REAL Mak, but the P64 is a super sexy poor mans PPK. The thing has freakishly good mechanical accuracy for it's size. Wolf spring kit for it is highly recommended.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I too am kicking myself for not snagging a real Mak when they were cheap. Just barely missed out on a sweet deal on one on consignment a couple months ago, hopefully another cheap one will show up.

Not a REAL Mak, but the P64 is a super sexy poor mans PPK. The thing has freakishly good mechanical accuracy for it's size. Wolf spring kit for it is highly recommended.

I love my little P64. What more could you want from a bug?

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Love my P64, but as Snorko said it is quite a handful to shoot. It bucks, twists and recoils like a mule, throws spent shells 30 feet behind you, and weighs alot. I love it, but it truly is the only handgun I have ever shot that I use a padded shooting glove to help tame it.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Love my P64, but as Snorko said it is quite a handful to shoot. It bucks, twists and recoils like a mule, throws spent shells 30 feet behind you, and weighs alot. I love it, but it truly is the only handgun I have ever shot that I use a padded shooting glove to help tame it.

Have you tried a heavier recoil spring? It's still a hand full but it brings it down a notch.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Yep put in new springs, messed around with the grip by adding tape, tried adjusting my grip, but atlas it still kicks like a mule. It is my truck gun and only gets shot twice a year, so I'm ok with the recoil.

Top Bottom