• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Looking for real world reveiw of any infant life preserver you've used. Was kind of looking at an MTI but marketing ads and actual use dont always jive. So does anyone have any experience. Currently he's a newborn but growing like a weed.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That looks like what I'm after. How does it do on keeping their heads above the water?

Yeah, that's the important end to keep dry.:rolleyes:

I don't know about infants on boats. Sounds like an excellent way to have an awful time on the water. For both of you. It'd have to be a boat with staterooms to make it even sound like fun.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Have a look at the infant vest West Marine offers and check Craigslist, people sell them cheap with the tags still on when the little ones grow out of them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    +1 on the puddle jumpers when they are a little older. We swear by them. All the fun of the old water wings, without the risk of them becoming an anchor just because they raised their arms over thier head and slipped out of them.

Both our kids LOVE them. (3 and 6)

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    we've used this type for our little ones (2 and under). did a good job of rolling them face up when they tipped. also liked the fact it had double straps in the crotch to limit the chance of a little one wiggling out of them. also coast guard approved.

Infant Hydroprene™ Vest | Stearns
    Hey thanks hadn't come across that one. Looks good. I also like the dual crotch straps idea for the little wriggler(The baby).
    I agree it might make for the worst time ever with a little oine out fishing, but if has the chance to be the worst has the chance to be the best also(momma works weekends when she goes back so Lots of daddy time, or baby time however you look at it ).
    I've always wondered how much the baby got to tag along with the Native mommy's during infancy. Be a little different life than the horror of a trip to wally world with a baby wouldnt it?

rrrbmwwps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Wabash indiana
    I prefer neoprene infant/youth vests, they are more expensive but a little less irritating. No matter what type you buy the child won't like it till they are 3 years old. So make sure it is uscg approved and keep the babies off the boat as much as you can. They get cranky fast.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yeah, that's the important end to keep dry.:rolleyes:

I don't know about infants on boats. Sounds like an excellent way to have an awful time on the water. For both of you. It'd have to be a boat with staterooms to make it even sound like fun.

Tried it on KY lake last year. I didnt even make it out of the cove we were in and I turned around, loaded the fishing gear back in the truck and turned in the rental boat. It was a long week. Now I know why people take seperate vacations. At least I tried. I want a boat of my own but it is going to be some years yet before I get one. You have to have a paradigm shift when you have kids. Trips are not for you anymore.

Top Bottom