• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Hey guys. Im looking for some opinions on the Crossbreed Supertuck holster. I will be packing a Taurus Mil. Pro pt111 in it. Any insight on this product would be great. By the way I carry about 4 oclock right side and Im 6' 260. Think it will work for me?

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Mike,
    I did what I could do online about researching what people felt about the Supertuck. It seems that there's an overwhelmingly positive response. I asked around and talked to one guy that says it's GREAT. Based on that feedback, I ordered one the other day. I guess Mospeada and Ii will find out from experience (Besides they'll buy it back if you're not satisfied in two weeks!)

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I have two and they're great. Worth the money, very comfortable. They take some time to break in (stop squeaking while wearing) but that happens after about a week of wearing them. Any pistol I need a good holster for, I purchase a Crossbreed. As I remember right, the last one I got came very fast.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I am so happy with CrossBreed that I did a commercial for them that has been aired on some radio shows/podcasts. I've worn my Com Tac exactly 1 time since buying a CrossBreed a couple years ago, I won't make that mistake again! Funny thing is that before I had the CrossBreed I used to think the Com Tac was comfortable.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I have one for my Glock 27 and love it. Very comfy, very well built, very nice all around.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Love the feedback. I ended up ordering one today.. I called them up and was talking to the gentleman who makes them. Im all for buying from a man making a honest living working out of his garage. I also ended up purchasing the Jhooks to give them a try.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    CBH is a one man custom shop who stands behind his product. I have the supertuck for my 1911 and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I got mine with the plastic clips about 1 year ago and one of the clips finally gave out (snapped) so I order the new metal clips. They are much better and even help distribute the weight better of the 1911.

The owner of CBH was interviewed for the NRA magazine 1st Freedom and it was a very insteresting story. The guy was pertty much working as a pizza drive trying to make ends meet before he started this buissness. The huge demand for his high quality product now keeps him busy 100% of the time and providing him a good living.

As a side note all his items carry the cross on them in some shape way or form. He is a religious man as well. I've only had the pleasure of talking to him via email but would not go with any other type of holster. The leather takes a bit of breaking in but once it does it comforms to your body type and you will forget that you are even carrying at times.

As others have stated you have 2 weeks to try it out and if you don't like it you can return it for a FULL REFUND!

lildave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have had a supertuck since they first came out and it's the best holster I've used. Like most shooters I have a drawer full of them and this is the best in my view.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why would a person choose a CBH Super-Tuck over an MTAC? As far as I can tell, the only benefit of the Super-Tuck is that it's $10 cheaper and/or available in horsehide.

I'm strongly considering the MTAC because it has leather on the back to cover the thread-inserts & the clips are much less flamboyent (narrow & non-descript). Plus, the shape of the clips on the Super-Tuck make them look like they'd scrape the hell out of whatever you lean or sit down against.

What am I missing here?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have never had the clips (plastic or metal) scrap me. I've worn the supertuck when i've taken my daughter to the bouce house (inflatables where you jump and climb) and have had no problem with it. (read my 1911 full size stand right next to me the entire time and my pants did not sag!)

I can post some images later of the back and front if you like. the ST is very comfy.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone have experience with a Supertuck and an XD 45 Compact? picked up the gun recently and looking for the best carry method.

Thanks

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Why would a person choose a CBH Super-Tuck over an MTAC? As far as I can tell, the only benefit of the Super-Tuck is that it's $10 cheaper and/or available in horsehide.

Well DUH! Let's see, I can get it cheaper and it comes in horsehide which is more resistant to sweat, NAH, give me the more expensive one.

As for the clips, I've worn holsters with metal clips and they've not been an issue.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Crossbreed supertuck help.

Searching INGO, I have decided that I want a crossbreed supertuck for my XD9 3".
    So far I am sold on the horsehide option.
    I'm not sure what type of clips will work best. I get the feeling the velcro will wear out over time. The full wrap clips seem a bit conspicuous. That leaves the J hook kind.
    What do you have, and what's your opinion? Anyone have the croosbreed belt?

Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited:

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Another Crossbreed user here. I love mine, horsehide for a G17. Very comfortable, and you can even tuck in your shirt. The only thing that I might do for my next one is get the combat cut. It might be hard to draw a smaller weapon without it. But I plan on buying another when I get a different weapon. Thinking about even buying one of his belts as well.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I've been looking into getting a SuperTuck because of all their positive feedback, but came across a discrepancy with it and the way I carry..

I carry IWB at about 1 o'clock and the FAQ on their website states that the SuperTuck isn't the best option for appendix IWB carry, and the QuikClip holster is better for it.

Anybody on here have a QuikClip from CBH and willing to share their thoughts on it?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I ordered today.
    XD9 subcompact, horsehide, all three clip types and a black belt with the velcro option. I decided to try the velcro for a $17 upgrade. I won't be out much cash if I don't like it and I won't hate myself for not trying it. Only other option was combat cut and I passed.
    I'm prepared to be impressed.

Top Bottom