• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Buy a PSA or a COLT, you can find 6920's for like $800 right now. If that is too much save a lot of cash and get a PSA for like $500.

Watch for sales.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I just got a psa upper and lower and after shipping and transfer, came in barely under $500. I took the savings and got a nikon scope, pepr mount, and 1000 rounds.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You have many options. It seems like there's a new AR maker every month now days. My advice is to find the one that is closest to what you want or buying parts and building exactly what you want. The prices are back down to normal so don't pay too much.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm no Colt fanboy but I don't have anything against them either. $800 for that rifle may be a good deal but I wouldn't say it's any better than Spikes or other $800 AR's. Bushmaster of today isn't the same so they're in the $600 and below range.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I'm no Colt fanboy but I don't have anything against them either. $800 for that rifle may be a good deal but I wouldn't say it's any better than Spikes or other $800 AR's. Bushmaster of today isn't the same so they're in the $600 and below range.

Fanboy or not you cant deny Colts hold their value better then other AR's. After market Spikes for example scare a lot of people that worry if its spikes built or some bubba parts gun. If you can buy the real deal or a clone for the same price why would you buy the clone if they are the same quality.

I prefer BCM over spikes but walking a new person through the steps of trying to get a BCM lower it's just easier to say buy the cheap colts.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Fanboy or not you cant deny Colts hold their value better then other AR's. After market Spikes for example scare a lot of people that worry if its spikes built or some bubba parts gun. If you can buy the real deal or a clone for the same price why would you buy the clone if they are the same quality.

I prefer BCM over spikes but walking a new person through the steps of trying to get a BCM lower it's just easier to say buy the cheap colts.

What makes a Colt different from a Spikes/BCM/etc? They are all quality rifles in the same price range. Why is the Colt "better at holding its value" than the others? You can build any of them. If anything, the reason it seems Colt is better at holding its value, it's because their stripped lowers are $250 each compared to Spikes $125. You're paying for the name associated with "quality," when, in my opinion, ST has better quality and customer service than Colt.

Top Bottom