• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I have an SW99 9mm pistol, I need it completely broken down and armorer cleaned. I really dont want to send it off to S&W and wait several weeks. Are there any armorers on here that can perform this work? Please pm me with details location and prices. I will require to see your armorer certification too. Thanks

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    How clean is "Armorer Clean" anyway? If you want to do more than field strip it and clean it there, you can get those dunk buckets where you toss the parts in, let them sit a while, then air dry and lube and done. It wouldn't surprise me to find that is how armorers clean them anyhow..

I have to know, though - what did you do to this SW99 that it needs cleaned that thoroughly? A buddy of mine just retired from the sheriff's department, and has carried the same Glock 22 since it was issued to him in 1992 or 1993. Qualified with it twice a year, never did any more than standard field stripping, and it still runs like a top.. what's a guy do to a handgun that it needs more than that?

PS - I don't know that you'll find a "Certified SW99 Armorer" around these parts - they weren't ever big department buys in this part of the country AFAIK. Would a legit gunsmith be sufficient?

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Well,, see this one night ........ J/K! No what happened is the gun was in a draw and a soda was next to the draw and some how the soda spilled in the draw and onto the gun and pretty much got into every where. Sooo I have field stripped the firearm and cleaned it well. It still has a sticky like feel in the de-cocker, etc. I dont want to just dunk it because I will have not way of re lube some those internal parts. Its looking like it'll be a trip back to S&W :(

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Depending on how confidant you are...

You MIGHT be able to find enough Youtube videos out there and do it yourself?

If you go that route, do yourself a favor and A) also search for Walther P99 videos, and B) take a camera and take GOOD pictures of your gun as you go step-by-step to help aid in the re-build.

-J-

Top Bottom