• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was in the Brownsberg Walmart yesterday and was happy to see lots of ammo on the shelves. Not a single round of .22lr though. Not even the shot shell 22. Is there a day or a time that is best to look at Walmart for rimfire ammo? There has to be a trick to finding it because someone is finding it, marking it up, and selling it to people who can't find it in the store.

I have seen the Federal 550 value packs being sold by individuals and other stores for less than value price. I refuse to pay more than Walmart prices for it. If I can't find it for that price, I won't buy it. I've seen it for sale from anywhere between $40/box to $98/box.

Any help in finding the Bulk .22lr ammo would be appreciated. There will be no gun bans, so this panic nonsense needs to stop so we recreational shooters can go out and shoot again. I have hardly shot at all this entire year because of this crap.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Go to walmart in the morning, around 8ish. That's how I always find it, the walmart in Vincennes had .22 instock twice this week.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    got 7000 rounds from various walmart and 5000 at Gander at around 5 cents/rd in the past 2 months, so they are out there, you just need a little luck.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    They had 1400rd buckets for about 70.00 Friday at Gander. You just need to get there before the resellers. Two gents bought 10 boxes of 1400 rounds each and there were still some quanities avail about a hour later.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I usually head to Wally World around 10-11 pm after trucks are unloaded or Thursday mornings ( grander mountain) before store opens to get inline before resellers. Been doing this to help buddies out with ammo.

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Step 1: Never buy from scalpers... they are buying it at store price when it hits the shelves and selling it for a profit. If people stop buying it from them, they will stop soaking up all the stock.

Step 2: Go to a big store and get to know the gun guys. See what time they get their shipments and what time they put them on the shelves. For instance, my local walmart puts ammo on the shelves at 7am.

Step 3: If you can, show up every chance you get at that time and see if they have what you are looking for. My local walmart gets shipments of ammo 3-5 times a week. .22lr maybe once a week or every other week will be in that shipment. 9mm, 45acp, .223 come in all the time.

Step 4: Don't turn around and sell your stuff for a profit... go shoot it and have fun

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Step 1: Never buy from scalpers... they are buying it at store price when it hits the shelves and selling it for a profit. If people stop buying it from them, they will stop soaking up all the stock.

Rule number one should also be rule number two! Just quoting for reiteration.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    many of these 7000 are accumulated from 1-box limit purchases. if you really want it, you just need to work a little bit harder than the flippers. there isn't much of tricks to speak of.

Roan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Franklin
    When I need .22lr ammo I just call around and ask everyday in the morning. Gander Mountain in Greenwood usually has some for a couple days after they get a shipment. Honey Creek Tackle in Bargersville will reserve ammo for you if they have it in stock when you call.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's pretty clear to me there is really no longer a shortage, if there ever was one. People are shooting more .22lr in order to save money and still shoot. Good idea but it impacts availability! Then, of course, there are those who think "the gummint" is buying it all so we can't get it. Whatever the motivation, reasonable or not, some people just bust their butt to buy all they can get their hands on and those who don't end up with none! I don't shoot much .22lr so my "stockpile" is about 1500 rds. I can't remember the last time I shot a .22lr though I have a half dozen of them. Heck, I tried to donate some to both the Boy Scouts and a DNR camp. They both told me they had plenty, thanks. Happy ammo shopping.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Get to WalMart very early in the mornings during the week if you can. The WalMart were Im at has been getting some in on a fairly regular basis, but you have to get there early to even stand a chance at getting any.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    The trick is not in finding it but affording it.
    I just picked up a 325 rd box it cost me $22.95 :ugh:

The last time I bought .22s it was $8.99 a box of 525 rds.

GBolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    With gasoline at around $3.50 per gallon, how much are you saving by driving around looking for ammo?

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Guys, I haven't bought .22LR in months, but it still comes into the local Wal-Marts probably on a weekly basis. All you need to do is download the Wal-Mart app to your Android device and search for ".22LR ammunition". It'll show all stores within 50 miles of your location that have it. I bought over 17K rounds of it at Wal-Mart stores during this panic using nothing but this method. When I see it come into stock now, I don't even bother going for it. I might send a text to a buddy now and then, but that's the extent of it.

Top Bottom