Any WalMarts selling guns in Central and Southern Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Columbus WalMart on the East side (10th) Street sells rifles, shotguns, and muzzle loaders. Displays were practically full yesterday with the exception of muzzle loaders. There were only 3 or 4 of them.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I just talked to the feller yesterday at the Greenfield WM and he had the "official Memo" in front of him that said that they were getting back into the long gun business. He had no specifics other than that.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Are you sure those aren't muzzle loaders? Last two years when I lived in Speedway, I used the Avon Walmart and never saw any rifles.

They might have been. I didn't look to closely when I was there yesterday, was just getting impatient waiting on an employee to help me with a hunting license

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'll have my sister double check the Avon WalMart. She works there at nights, so she could probably get some other info on this for us. I had always been curious as to why they stopped selling shotguns and rifles, but never curious enough to ask.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Madison Hell-mart stopped years ago and sold only MLs. They quit selling those and began again with the MLs 6 months ago. The one and only rifle I bought there was a unpleasant experience anyways.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Alright guys, there was an e-mail sent to Wal-mart Management (me) in select stores (mine in Portland) that we will be selling firearms again. There was not a timeframe given, only that there would be someone coming to the stores to survey the needs to put them back in. The stores selected were selected based on sales of hunting lisences and supplies along with customer requests. Some stores never stopped selling as some of you have mentioned.

merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Thank you all guys. Columbus and hopefully Avon are not too far. Jubba I can't see how any walmart can lose money selling guns these days but who am I to tell them.:ingo: Hope the tide is turning indeed. That would help keep the gunshop prices more competitive.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Thank you all guys. Columbus and hopefully Avon are not too far. Jubba I can't see how any walmart can lose money selling guns these days but who am I to tell them.:ingo: Hope the tide is turning indeed. That would help keep the gunshop prices more competitive.

There were some stores that were not selling a lot of guns and people that get paid more than I do complained about the compliance of filling out the 4473. I am alwYs the first
    manager to respond for gun sales.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

Yeah, Columbus on 10th has rifles and shotguns and muzzleloaders, usually half decent selection of ammo, unless you want 9mm, last time I looked they had about 6 boxed of Remington UMC 115 gr. FMJ, no other varieties on the shelf...
    I don't believe the other Wal-Mart in Columbus (on SR 46 W) has any guns..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom