• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have always been a Walther fan, but it seems like every one I've had I found something from S&W or Ruger that I slightly preferred.

Had a P99, very nice gun but I liked my M&P better
    Had a PPS, HATED how it shot compared to my 9c and not really noticeably easier to conceal
    Had a G22 .22 rifle, cool fungun but I like my Ruger 77/22 WAY better
    Had a P22, another cool gun but again I like my Ruger Mk II better

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Is the P38 matching? If it's matching and he didn't buff/polish it too much you can massage it a bit to make it look a lil more original.

On a side note I ran across a can of USGI .30 Carbine on stripper clips and mag guides. I don't really need it, Interested?

The roll marks and proofs are very light...probably from the refin I'm sure. I don't mind it though. It shoots great. It's just another reason for me to be going after another one. :yesway:

I'll shoot you a PM on that ammo...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have a P99 that I love. Don't usually carry it though. Had a PPK/S that I wish I still had. Sold it when I moved to Michigan in 1997.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I own a PK380 and the P99 AS in 40 S&W. Kinda hoping to add another PK380 to my collection since the wife latched onto mine. That or maybe a P99 compact AS in 9mm

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    PPK 380 Stainless and PP .22

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have a P22, PPK and a PP22 that I'll try to post up sometime. I'm looking for a PPK for carry.

I had a PPK, but it would "bite" the web of my hand:noway: I own two WALTHER P-88 9MM, they are very accurate, BUT I don't like the way the firing pin moves up as I'm pulling the trigger, it's distracting:(

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a PPK, but it would "bite" the web of my hand:noway: I own two WALTHER P-88 9MM, they are very accurate, BUT I don't like the way the firing pin moves up as I'm pulling the trigger, it's distracting:(

I had a P88 and and P88C a while back. Sold them both. I might have a mag or two around here somewhere. I like the PPK for carry. I've never had the slide bite my hand so that's not an issue to me. I'd like a pre 68 PPK but would take any I can find.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Bite and reliability on some models aside, I don't think there is anybody that doesn't want a PPK. It's the bond gun!

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had bought a FEG AP22, A Walther Clone . Very Accurate and fun to shoot. I was getting on a revolver kick and told a guy I was going to sell it. He jumped on the chance to buy it, but has been waiting to get his taxes done. The 3 weeks I have been waiting I have second thought several times. By the way you guys talk after selling some of yours you wish you wouldn't have. Don't know what to do. Jim
    FEG3.jpg

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I have a P22, I think everyone should have one. They are a real joy to shoot. My brother in law has 3 Walthers, P99, P22, and he just bought a PK380 for my sister. I've enjoyed shooting all of them but they are a pain to take down and clean.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I bought a PPK last June at the Indy 1500 Gun Show...it was used, but it was like new and had wanted one for quite a while...it did not appear that a single round had been fired through it and it came with the box, fired case, manual, etc. Cost $399...seemed like a good deal since new ones along side it were priced at $499.

Took it to the range and shot about 50 rounds. It was very accurate when it fired, but that was only about 60% of the time. I battled double feeds and failure to extract on the others. I also had a bunch of misfires...apparently too light of a hammer strike...second try would usually get them to fire. I was very disappointed in its performance. Hopefully, these problems are "hit or miss" when it comes to the PPK, otherwise no one would buy one.

The gun was a post-recall. I was shooting some handloads...Berry's 100 grain hollow base plated bullets over 2.7 grains of Bullseye. I played around lwith the load and seating depth, but it didn't matter. Took it to the range numerous times and even tried factory loads, but it would never run 2 or 3 magazines without a problem of some sort.

Thought I had done my homework before buying the gun, but the S&W version of the PPK wasn't worth the money. Perhaps the Interarms version is better...at least that's what most people have told me after the fact.

Rather than own an unreliable pistol and have it sit around as a paperweight, I traded it and a little cash towards a Sig P232sl, which runs like a dream. Not had a single problem and is extremely accurate. It's a little larger than than the PPK, but I like the appearance just as much.

Based upon my experience, and assuming you are interested in the PPK, I would suggest you spend your time tracking down a Sig 230 or 232.

Top Bottom