Behind Bars
    what-the-hell-talking.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Goo the "boogie"? That's just doesn't sound right.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "Go to the Boogie" - referring to the ABATE Boogie that was mentioned/discussed in a previous thread.

What do I win?

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I'm sure there where Lots of things involving goo at the Boogie...and I don't wanna know about any of them......it did seem much quieter this year. I'm sure the heavy Police presence outside the event calmed it down some too..they were pulling em over like crazy up/down 37 from Bloomington to Bedford. And it appeared to be at least 3 Officers floating around the turn off at Judah all weekend...way to go Lawrence Co. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A free trip to Google image search for "ABATE boogie"!

I'm ashamed to admit that I did.

I think the ABATE boogie is where all the extremely overweight, tank-topped, bearded (both men and women), not-full-compliment-of-teeth, and poor-quality tattoo'd folks go to swill terrible beer and act like uncivilized idiots. Or, generally, "anyplace in rural Indiana on a Tuesday evening".

-J-

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I haven't been in a while, but there used to be something for everyone out there. We operated the tent that provided medical attention and prayer for those who took the partying over the limit. I do recall the young lady who just got her breast implants and one was hit too hard and ruptured. I felt bad for her, because she was too drunk to even realize what had happened.

64C9152C-FD6F-4CB7-BE85-C0F524D08070_zpskzl2jbfo.jpg

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I haven't been in a while, but there used to be something for everyone out there. We operated the tent that provided medical attention and prayer for those who took the partying over the limit. I do recall the young lady who just got her breast implants and one was hit too hard and ruptured. I felt bad for her, because she was too drunk to even realize what had happened.

64C9152C-FD6F-4CB7-BE85-C0F524D08070_zpskzl2jbfo.jpg

I went to that tent once. Some big heavy guy stepped on my foot really hard with his boot while watching a band. I had sandals on. I got to sit down and put some ice on my foot. It was probably sometime between 2002-2005.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went to that tent once. Some big heavy guy stepped on my foot really hard with his boot while watching a band. I had sandals on. I got to sit down and put some ice on my foot. It was probably sometime between 2002-2005.

I was there during those years. I liked the old facility better. The first year of the move saw many injuries trying to get up that hill.

I really cant can't see how you were brave enough to wear saddles out there. With heavy boots and goo, I would be afraid of many possible injuries and even infections. LOL!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was there during those years. I liked the old facility better. The first year of the move saw many injuries trying to get up that hill.

I really cant can't see how you were brave enough to wear saddles out there. With heavy boots and goo, I would be afraid of many possible injuries and even infections. LOL!

I liked the old facility for the racing. That is why we went.
    Well, there were the herds of naked fat folks roaming the grounds.......Ugh :faint:

Top Bottom