• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    And here I though I was allowed to respond to other members that quoted posts that I have done.. I was answering another member. I must have been mistaken that this was a internet forum.. Sorry to ruin your turn at the con.
    And no that's not a you asked for, i guess you forgot the last sentence.
    Here it is, just to refresh you cheif.
    Reviews online are really good, but I was wondering if anyone here owns one or has shot one, and what your impressions of the rifle were.
    And that's exactly what I did. Nite..

Here's the first problem that I see with piston AR's.
    There is no set specs like a direct impingement AR, parts will swap back and forth at will, and in most cases never a problem.
    When you shift over to " piston " AR's every companys piston parts are proprietary. Like AR 10's same thing. And with every company having there own proprietary parts, if that company goes belly up, most likely you are going to be dead in the water.
    When you go piston you give up one of the best features of the AR / M16 rifle package. Parts swapability.
    And let's not talk about the huge problems that people have with most piston rifles and reliability..

I regret having my train in your wreck....

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    I have a 16" middy that I love, bought in 2011/12. Shot 400 rounds over an appleseed weekend, bolt stayed clean and cool, no hiccups at all.

I've cleaned far too many M4s and M16s to prefer DI over piston. If there is a market for tons of varieties of special lubes and scraping tools, and bolt finishes, there's a problem right there.

bamtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    Bloomington
    I have an RRA lower with an adams upper i paid 800 bucks for upper when things were crazy in 2013 but it has been a good gun. i have run federal bulk 55grn. .223 amerecan eagle 193 spe and pmc xtac m193 ammo thru it and it has been pretty consistent on point of impact with different ammo. i have put about 800 rounds through it and have nt cleaned it or adjusted the gas settings yet. i believe that these are great value and the only piston i would by before an adams is an lwrc but they are at least 2 to 3 times more
    money and i have no first hand experience with the lwrc rifles.

Those prices are coming down though is what I was trying to say. When I got mine, the same time in 2013, I got a good deal at a little over 2k through a group buy opportunity when they were going for 3,500+ but now you can have an M6IC basic for 1600, shipped. Or an M6A2 for 1300. I think if you're considering an Adams for 1k-1.3k then you should at least look into what many consider as the best piston system made, not that I have anything bad at all to say about Adams. I don't have experience with the Adams myself, but I love my LWRC M6 IC. Its a thing of beauty. Sadly, I only have about 500 rounds through it so don't feel like I'm qualified to give it much of a review but so far everything has been great. One of the finest rifles I've been able to shoot, right out of the box.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Those prices are coming down though is what I was trying to say. When I got mine, the same time in 2013, I got a good deal at a little over 2k through a group buy opportunity when they were going for 3,500+ but now you can have an M6IC basic for 1600, shipped. Or an M6A2 for 1300. I think if you're considering an Adams for 1k-1.3k then you should at least look into what many consider as the best piston system made, not that I have anything bad at all to say about Adams. I don't have experience with the Adams myself, but I love my LWRC M6 IC. Its a thing of beauty. Sadly, I only have about 500 rounds through it so don't feel like I'm qualified to give it much of a review but so far everything has been great. One of the finest rifles I've been able to shoot, right out of the box.

I'd love to have an LWRC, but it ain't in the budget right now. The Adams Arms basic carbine is $629 at Bud's Guns. They are "blemished" models, but I've seen reviews online and everyone has trouble finding any blemishes on them. Nothing some duracoat can't fix if needed. They still have the factory warranty and are guaranteed for fit and function. I think I'll go ahead and "pull the trigger" on one, so to speak.

bamtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'd love to have an LWRC, but it ain't in the budget right now. The Adams Arms basic carbine is $629 at Bud's Guns. They are "blemished" models, but I've seen reviews online and everyone has trouble finding any blemishes on them. Nothing some duracoat can't fix if needed. They still have the factory warranty and are guaranteed for fit and function. I think I'll go ahead and "pull the trigger" on one, so to speak.

629! Well I'd say that's a great deal then. I didn't realize you could get one for that cheap. I just did a quick GB search and was seeing the 1000+ dollar range. I may have to have a look myself! Haha.

Top Bottom