Anybody Have experience with Phoenix the HP22?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    I just got back from the trading post where I was shooting my SCCY & my newly-acquired Phoenix Arms HP22(nickel finish, 3" barrel). I bought it at the last Indy 1500 for around $160. When I got it home & inspected it I was sure that I had made a mistake. It looked pretty rough(a lot of rough edges and bits of metal that shouldn't be there). I was pleasantly surprised though at the range. It shot well, was accurate, and has little-to-no kick to it. All this, coupled with the fact that it holds 10 rounds makes me happy with my purchase...just wish it came with 2 mags & didn't have such a crazy number of safeties on it though(I am going to remedy a couple of those soon)! Does anybody else here have experience with this gun?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have one, and I like it a lot. Yes, it needed some fluff-n-buff done to it when I got it new, but nothing major. I have made some unauthorized mods to the Phoenix safety shuffle that makes it more user friendly to me. Voided the warranty on the frame doing that, but so far I have not had to use the warranty for the frame, just the slide and the firing pin and firing pin spring.

I got the 5" barrel and several extra magazines, all with the extended base. Makes for a decent plinker. My kids learned to shoot with it, and a Rough Rider. Lifetime warranty works pretty good. They will replace your gun for free, up to two times, and then they get kinda pissy about things.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had one and liked it. Pretty accurate. Can't remember ever having it jam up. I put a lot of rounds through it. Had it a long time. Sold it because I decided a .22 was not what I want for self defense and I already had 3 target .22 pistols. I hated all the safeties and it is easy to bump the mag release, then it won't shoot. Good gun for plinking, but that's about it.

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    I've got two, one with a 3 inch barrel and one with five inch barrel. Enjoy shooting them. I have had no problem with either one.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you take the grip panels off it's very easy to disable the mag safety, and mags drop free better. It's pretty obvious what you need to do when you open it up, but if you need details just let me know. Mine runs fairly well if you drench in lube, but it's not very accurate.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    I've done the mod where you bend the longer spring metal strip up a bit & it worked. I also want to clip the safety bar corner so the mag will release regardless of the safety position, but may wait until I order a replacement piece(just in case I have to get warranty work done to it someday). Anybody have pics of which areas they "fluffed & buffed"? I don't want to remove the wrong material anywhere, but would like to smoothen things up a bit. After treating mine with frog lube a couple times it already cycles smoother.:yesway:

Top Bottom