• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • louielouie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Columbus, IN.
    After a lot of research on the internet, I decided to send my bolt carrier group to WMD guns to have them do a Nickel Boron Coating. The price isn’t bad; $100 to coat your bolt carrier group and hammer.

My question is; has anyone sent their BCG to WMD guns to get them NiB coated and if so, how long did it take to get your parts back?

Thanks,
    louielouie

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Thx for asking this - I'd also like to hear any reviews... I'm thinking of sending in a Glock slide&barrel or 2 and some other items.

Feedback appreciated!

After a lot of research on the internet, I decided to send my bolt carrier group to WMD guns to have them do a Nickel Boron Coating. The price isn’t bad; $100 to coat your bolt carrier group and hammer.

My question is; has anyone sent their BCG to WMD guns to get them NiB coated and if so, how long did it take to get your parts back?

Thanks,
    louielouie

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I used them to do Shadow #2. They did a nice job. Turnaround was 6 weeks, but they comped me part of the cost for the delay.

louielouie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Columbus, IN.
    I used them to do Shadow #2. They did a nice job. Turnaround was 6 weeks, but they comped me part of the cost for the delay.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rob377,
    I really hope that your situation was very unusual. I sent my stuff in about 4 weeks ago and was hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks for responding,

louielouie
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    NetPimp,
    I don't mind you tagging along. It makes me feel better when someone else has the same question that I do.

louielouie

Last edited:

louielouie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Columbus, IN.
    NetPIMP,

I sent them the only BCG I had at that time (a PSA 5.56 bolt carrier group).

WMD did a spectacular job with the Nickel Boron (NiB) coating. :rockwoot:

While waiting for my PSA BCG to be coated I bought a BCM BCG that was on sale. Which BCG I use on a regular basis will be determined by a 2-part process:

(1) accuracy and

(2) the time needed to clean the BCG after firing.

I will post the results when I have them (probably next spring).
    icon_smile_clown.gif

louielouie

Top Bottom