• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Aright, soooo, Im a training camp noob. This was my first time taking any form of paid training that wasn’t hitting a IDPA or USPSA match. That said, I feel it was a valuable experience. The instructors were informative and ran me through a bunch of different drills. Though, I did get the VIP service yesterday. . .as I was the only person there. Being all of 15 degrees, not including wind chill, it was a harsh environment for people to bring their tools out. I like getting messy and was not disappointed. By the end of the day my pants were soaked through, then froze over, muddy, and crunchy. My carrier got a little messy, rifle, optic and mags covered in snow and moisture. There were induced failure drills, transitions to secondary weapons, target transitions, movement, cover usage, and awkward slot shooting (which taught me a lot about shooting an AUG, upside down, off the ground, unsupported), the usual basic safety stuff. Blew through about 500 rounds of 5.56 and 100 rounds of 9mm. Overall, I’m satisfied with what it taught me about my AUG and carbine shooting in general for my present skill level. It was Carbine I after all. I would recommend them and personally plan on going back for some of their other courses

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well kudos to you for training in that kind of weather (I wouldn't, hate the cold) and very much to them for going ahead with the class with only one student, most wouldn't.

Top Bottom