• ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Not me. Too uncomfortable when I sit down, especially in a hard chair. And much harder to get to in the truck as well.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I tried 5 oclock today IWB for the dirst time. It was much more comfortable than on my side. But when I went to get my gun out it was difficult, partly because it was IWB. Still, it is definitley harder to draw. Great for deep cover though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The problem I have with carrying there is it pretty much offers your firearm to anyone behind you and covers it up completely if you are setting on anything other that some bleachers. Not sure if it is true but have had some people claim to know of serious injury from falling and having that solid hunk right at the base of the spine. To each his own; I carry strong side at about 3-4 o'clock but you mileage may vary!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The problem I have with carrying there is it pretty much offers your firearm to anyone behind you and covers it up completely if you are setting on anything other that some bleachers. Not sure if it is true but have had some people claim to know of serious injury from falling and having that solid hunk right at the base of the spine. To each his own; I carry strong side at about 3-4 o'clock but you mileage may vary!

Good point. I can sit on it with less discomfort than I have from 3 oclock holstering. But falling backwards could seriously damage your lumbar spine, or tailbone. I'm getting a good Galco IWB holster with the big swath of leather in the inside,and I think that would protect the back, or hip, very well. Putting a steel slide directly on you back is probably not a good idea. It can't be worse than falling with a 12 oclock carry though (ouch).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The problem I have with carrying there is it pretty much offers your firearm to anyone behind you and covers it up completely if you are setting on anything other that some bleachers.

Don't forget the fun of an almost-guaranteed leg-sweep when you draw.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I carry about 530 on a regular basis. I do worry about the whole falling over and hurting myself thing, but I dont dwell on it. I try to not CC, and if I am going to be active I move it to a less comfortable (for me) spot, like 330-400.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    This guy does:

Murder suspect arrested; may have hidden gun in rectum | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

ONSLOW COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- A man pulled over by a state trooper in Onslow County this week turned out to be wanted for murder in Georgia. And he may have hidden a gun in a very unusual place.
    Investigators say Tpr. Scott Merritt arrested Michael Leon Ward, 22, Monday for

Today, Ward was taken to the hospital for possible injuries that may have occurred to his rectum, where it is believed Ward may have concealed the .38 caliber, six-inch barrel revolver. The gun was not loaded. However, the gun was test fired by the OCSO CSI to determine its functionality and it was in operational condition.

rectumgun.jpg

I'm not sure if that is a gun with "blueing" or a stainless gun with "browning" :dunno:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I carry at 6 o'clock about twice a day, except on weekends then only once per day.

Gun usually stays to the 3-4 area, any further back and it becomes much harder to protect for me.

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    I carried that way for a while in a sob "pouch" style holster. Aside from the back pain when sitting, it is much too vulnerable. I worry about it being snatched when it is at 3:00. At least I have some peripheral vision. 6:00 is too spooky!

Top Bottom