• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I remember hearing someone at a FNS shoot discussing a gun shop/reloading shop that would convert .223 brass to 300 Blackout for a fee. Anyone hear familiar with that? I was thinking it was somewhere West of Indy...

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    +1 for DIY.......never heard of a service for converting brass but not surprised it exists
    With as easy as it is to do though I'd just pick up a jig and a saw and get to it , lot of times you can find the stuff used with some brass and other components from guys who decided 300blk wasnt for them (atleast you could pre-pandemic lol )
    Before all this I found a guy here on ingun with 3k converted cases and snagged them up so haven't been making any but I'm sure I'll be back to it eventually, I just save all my 223 that have a dent up by the neck or other blemishes that would be cut off
    Make sure to get a case size guage if you do and check each one , a lot of folks recommend the rcbs small sizing die for converting but I'm just on a regular old lee and it works fine, if I run one and it feels kinda hard to pull the lever I just run it a couple times and usually works out
    Some cases just never seem to want to form but it's not that common for me with the mixed range brass I get from the lgs

papa6x

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I bought some fired LC blanks on gun broker and converted them. I got a little mini chop/miter saw at Harbor Freight for around $35 and went to town. Worked like a charm.

Somebody has the stuff for sale in the classifieds right now.

Last edited:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I went the expensive route... Dillon 650 with a case feeder and a Honey Badger router trim adapter. I decap on stage 1, swage/size on station 2, skip 3, trim on 4, and station 5 I neck size again

Top Bottom