• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Is it just me, or does anyone else jot down on a note their name, date, age, and a little note of what you did to a gun and put that note in the stock or under a grip panel? I hear stories about people finding notes from many decades ago in older guns but I don't actually hear of anyone doing this currently. I just started doing this because I figured it would be cool to see a note from a past owner about their firearm whenever they pop off the buttplate or replace grips.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Hmmmm, sell the gun, used in crime, note with your name on inside that tells about how you modified the gun........ Not seeing how that could go wrong, so yeah, sounds like a good idea.

I understand what you are saying about finding history within an object that explains it. I appreciate how that works out too. For me it would work out okay because I do not sell firearms and have only given a few away to people I trust. If I were to ever have to sell one to someone I did not know very well, I would not want anything in there telling how I had modified the gun. Just too avoid any potential hazards.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I just figure guns I sell have a nearly nonexistent chance of being used in crime. I have considered the consequences that could arise but at the end of the day I'm not concerned. The guns I have done this to are ones I would be hard pressed to sell as well. I don't foresee many of these notes seeing the light of day for many decades unless my future children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews etc. get curious enough to look under the buttplate.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Notes under gun stocks? Nope. Notes under carpet? :)::)::):

get-out-in-blood-under-carpet.jpg

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I found a note under the grips of a Colt Pre Woodsman I have. It had a guy's name and a town in Ohio. I was able to find a reference to him being a doctor in that town in 1929.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    My 1974 Colt Commander has somebodys SSN or DLN engraved on the frame, under the left side grip. It was a big thing to do in the 70's. I understand the sentiment of a note, but I would rather have an original receipt & box to go with it. Don't much care for the engraving idea.:twocents:

Top Bottom