Anyone else get an unexpected email from AllOutdoor.com today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I received an email from alloutdoor.com today though I'm pretty sure I have never heard of them before. I definitely didn't sign-up for emails from them.

I did click on the link to their "Ammo Shortage 2013" article and was entertained with the thrashing amongst posters thereafter. Actually had a post from one of our own INGO members. :ingo:

Doesn't look like too bad a place to visit.

Just curious if anyone has any idea where they may have gotten their mailing list from?

Link to shortage: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2013/06/1...ent=2013-06-17&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I get a couple outdoor related newsletters.. none of which I signed up for. I figure some shop shared my address and I just mark em all as spam in GMail.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Hmmm...kind of makes you wonder what the common denominator is doesn't it?

The last place I remember including a newsletter subscription during a sign-up was Sportman's Guide. It could be any number of places I guess. I hit all the usual places such as Midway, Brownells, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Palmetto, Bravo Company, Job Bob's, etc...So who knows where they got it from. No big deal. Just curious.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I got two back to back unsolicited emails also. Someone has farmed out our email addresses which I don't much appreciate but hey, whatcha gonna do about it ??

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    So far the common denominator here is e mails from Ruger. Anyone else get E mail from Ruger that got this?

Yep. I get the Ruger newsletter. I also utilized the mass gun control form letter system from them as well.

If I get newsletters from Ruger, they are autospammed (I registered a 10/22 with em last year), but I did use their gun control form.

Top Bottom