• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    ...that no matter who (Republican or Democrat) we vote for, we will still be screwed over as usual by the politicians? Sure, the Republican party is opposed to most of what the Democrats are for but each party seems to have its own special talent of pissing on the voters with outrageous laws or lies. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm not being too optimistic, but with a little research about the Repub. candidates show what they believe in. It looks like half of them hate gun freedoms and the other half are crazy or incompetent.

Anyone feel the same?

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Yes I do feel the same. Sad.

Don't ya think that sometimes ya gotta be a bit crazy to be in politics? Particularly to want to be the POTUS?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The current [STRIKE]system[/STRIKE] circus of politics, parties and election games will reign until Americans can be convinced that they should [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] demand something better.

Even the abstract notion of self-governance has been lost, especially so at the Federal level.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The current [STRIKE]system[/STRIKE] circus of politics, parties and election games will reign until Americans can be convinced that they should [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] demand something better.

Even the abstract notion of self-governance has been lost, especially so at the Federal level.
    I told someone today it is not about the 2nd ammendment, it is about the Constitution. The 2nd is just the poster child for many of us who feel that way.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ...that no matter who (Republican or Democrat) we vote for, we will still be screwed over as usual by the politicians? Sure, the Republican party is opposed to most of what the Democrats are for but each party seems to have its own special talent of pissing on the voters with outrageous laws or lies. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm not being too optimistic, but with a little research about the Repub. candidates show what they believe in. It looks like half of them hate gun freedoms and the other half are crazy or incompetent.

Anyone feel the same?

It's sad, but I agree with your assessment. Those who are running things can care less about political parties.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Anyone feel the same?

I realized this before I was even out of high school and that was over 20 years ago.

kmshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that our elected representatives only think about the next election, not what is best for the country. They just want to keep their job.

I keep hoping that the next election will start to turn this around. The really sad part is that I started hoping that many elections ago.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My disappointment is that a lot of GOP pols are not conservative enough for me. I say GOP because if a pol is Dem, I assume they support Obama, and consequently can't be conservative.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Politics / Corruption => goes hand in hand. I nearly always vote straight Republican but still don't trust them.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    You can always trust God
    You should be able to trust your gun
    You should never trust your government

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Come on. Just because most all of them turn themselves into millionaires within a few years of taking office should not make you think they are all corrupt. Especially when they are still able to do it in the worst economy since the great depression. It has to be good luck and clean living.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I keep hoping that people would learn, but can never understand how stupid they could be, and how the politicians have set up their districts so that they have a job for life. I blows my mind that people like Schumer, Feinstein, Boxer, and the rest keep getting elected when they are so obviously anti-American as our founders set us up.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I keep hoping that people would learn, but can never understand how stupid they could be, and how the politicians have set up their districts so that they have a job for life. I blows my mind that people like Schumer, Feinstein, Boxer, and the rest keep getting elected when they are so obviously anti-American as our founders set us up.

Respectfully, it's not stupidity. It's a different set of priorities. We value freedom higher than being granted a handout every day. As long as the system is set up to reward voting in this manner, it will continue.

Of course, that creates the universal chicken-or-the-egg argument. How do you eliminate the programs that are creating the moochers and leeches? How do you eliminate moochers and leeches while there are programs that create economic benefit for being one?

This is but part of the reason one of our founders said that a moral society was a prerequisite to a free society. Immorality is the antithesis of freedom as far as human behavior is concerned.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Respectfully, it's not stupidity. It's a different set of priorities. We value freedom higher than being granted a handout every day. As long as the system is set up to reward voting in this manner, it will continue.

Of course, that creates the universal chicken-or-the-egg argument. How do you eliminate the programs that are creating the moochers and leeches? How do you eliminate moochers and leeches while there are programs that create economic benefit for being one?

This is but part of the reason one of our founders said that a moral society was a prerequisite to a free society. Immorality is the antithesis of freedom as far as human behavior is concerned.

Why How Dare You!!! Don't you know that it's regressive and elitist to cling to outdated concepts like "morality"?

Top Bottom