anyone else getting buzzed by A-10 warthogs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    about 10 minutes ago i heard jet planes so I go and look outside and for about 10 minutes there were 2-3 warthogs doing LOW fly bys. anyone else have this happening around them?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well obviously from the video I'm nowhere near atterbury. there is a small municipal airport about a mile away but really only cesnas and commuter jets.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They are most likely out of Terre Haute, flying practice runs over Attebury. I've seen them fly as far north as Greenwood. Probably depends on wind direction and how many are in the exercise. I remember being on my way to Crosley a couple of years ago. And the whole area was swarming with military stuff and Black Hawks flying over head, and wondering What....... Found out from News that night it was a mock chemical attack or dirty bomb Sim at the old Musckatatuck facility. Neat to see all that hardware around.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    At 1am last night the same noise was outside for a while as i was trying to get to bed. i thought it was weird for planes to be so loud that late at night

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    A pair of A10's buzzed Memorial Stadium last night at IU before the game started.

Was one of the neatest things I've experienced...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I feel like the planes were in the backyard because they heard you have the Ferrari out last night making some noise with it::):

2011-09-10_20-11-45_968.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm getting buzzed with some Seagrams 7. I had a couple of them pop up over me on the highway once, and just about leave a crease on the roof of my car back in the 80s. I didn't see them until they were almost on top of me. Awesome plane.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    About a week ago around 200 in the afternoon...driving down a country road with windows down and radio on and from out of nowhere 2 of them flew what seemed like a few feet above me and then flew off! Scared the crap out of me and made me almost fill my pants and realize what people must feel like when being hit by those guys! After I stopped shaking it was quite an experience but very cool! They are intimidating to say the least

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My boys and I saw two flying ENE here in northern Miami County. We used to see the A-10’s a lot when Grissom was an active base. Those were OD green. The two we saw today were gray. I’ve always enjoyed watching then fly over and kind of miss it.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A few weeks ago, I was seeing them every day for about 3 days straight up in the Muncie area.

Queue the usual suspects with the conspiracy theory about how they're training to kill/enslave us all. :laugh:

Top Bottom