• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I am trying to resurect a buddies grandfathers old rifle, am hung up on what physically stops the forward travel of the forearm. The new wisners hammer block seems to long to go into its catch in the action bar, but if you keep pulling the foreend keeps going, it is a homemade forend so its possible its the problem but with not knowing what actually limits the forward travel I have no way of knowing.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    The problem im having is that the new hammer lock appears to be to long to engage its recess in the action bar(forend). but theire doesnt seem to be anything but the wood of the forend stopping its forward travel. I dont want to modify my $30 hard to get peice if i dont have to.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    In the pic below a screw passes through hole E and binds the forearm to D, which contains a tapped hole. One each on both left and right sides of the forearm. D and C are pinned together and C is attached to the breech block.

B and A are pinned to the forearm and advance the next round from the magazine.

With the screws removed the forearm remains attached to B and A. It is fit tightly enough to D that it will slide about 1/4" along its length before catching, then cycle the action. It won't feed without the screws in place as B & A cause rounds to be released out of time with the breech block.

The above arrangement stops the forearm's forward travel when the breech block contacts the face. There is also a lug around the mag tube, held in place by a dovetail in the barrel, and the forearm is cut such that it can't pass over that lug.

Bars.png

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Thank you very much Yeah. I beleive i have an idea now on how to make his homemade forend work. Such a help to know how stuff is supposed to work when trying to make it do so.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    You are welcome. If you need more details I can put up photos of how those all tie together, but it is pretty straight forward.

These little rifles are engineering feats.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    In the pic below a screw passes through hole E and binds the forearm to D, which contains a tapped hole. One each on both left and right sides of the forearm. D and C are pinned together and C is attached to the breech block.

B and A are pinned to the forearm and advance the next round from the magazine.

With the screws removed the forearm remains attached to B and A. It is fit tightly enough to D that it will slide about 1/4" along its length before catching, then cycle the action. It won't feed without the screws in place as B & A cause rounds to be released out of time with the breech block.

The above arrangement stops the forearm's forward travel when the breech block contacts the face. There is also a lug around the mag tube, held in place by a dovetail in the barrel, and the forearm is cut such that it can't pass over that lug.

Bars.png

Do either one of you know where to get parts for this model? I think there is a small spring the makes "B" engage "A" when it is pumped. Mine is missing or broken and I'd like to get it fixed. To operate it you have to tip it to the right side to make it work.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    There is no spring on or for "B" that i know of. There is a small boss made onto "B" that engages a slot in "A" I'm not exactly sure what makes it kick out and wedge in its groove in the receiver. parts are tricky Wisners makes a few, Ebay beleive it or not has had several lots of parts for sale, also watch gunbroker.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Yeah the problem i was having is due to the homemade forend. I beeive that since it is homamade i am going to weld on about three inchs of tube stock onto the front of the action bar so that there will be a peice of metal to engage the barrel band and stop forward travel of the forend. This way the tail of the action bar cant come out to far and loose contact with the hammer block. Might well prevent the blocker from getting broken again. I hope. Will let you know if it works.

Top Bottom