• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I know it may sound stupid. I'm not trying to offend but. I would start working out a bit. nothing would be more of a bummer than going through a hunt like that, spend the money only to be exhausted and have to haul it out. I would imagine you would have better time as well.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I know it may sound stupid. I'm not trying to offend but. I would start working out a bit. nothing would be more of a bummer than going through a hunt like that, spend the money only to be exhausted and have to haul it out. I would imagine you would have better time as well.

Honestly, I think that's pretty amazing advice. I've been doing crossfit for a year and a half, and in the last year lost 45 pounds. My father in law has lost 85 pounds in the last few months and is still going. A year ago this trip wouldn't have been possible for him, but now that he especially has gained new life through his hard work on the diet this hunt is kind of a celebration of his achievements. The physical requirements of this kind of hunt are exactly why I don't really care if we each get a tag either. One mooze will be plenty of an adventure and work.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    jy951 alluded to it above.

teddy, are you able to attend the upcoming Boat, Sport, and Travel show at the State Fair Grounds?

The Ford Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show

There are a ton of hunting outfitters there. You can interview a lot of them and go home with a pile of literature and notes. Many also offer "show specials" during the show that may include some awesome deals.

Top Bottom