Anyone had trouble with FedEx delivery lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    This past few months, I've have multiple fedex packages not get delivered to my house. When I check the tracking they all say "Attempted delivery", which is a lie. I work from home and have a driveaway alarm in a rural area. I know when someone drives up to my house.

Additionally, the packages also do not require signature and can simply be left on the porch, but the driver records I am "unavailable". It's obviously a delivery driver refusing to do their job and gaming their system. I'm at my wits end with this company.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Since like November, yes. Only from a certain delivery station though . My FedEx packages come through either Michigan City or Munster. Mich City has been great but Munster had been delivering my stuff sometimes more than a week after it arrives there. I also live in a rural area.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven’t had any, but I dont get a whole lot from them. I did make the guy have to use a hand cart this week.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've bought some fairly expensive tools that were shipped fed ex. Seller paid for the signature required bs. Driver left the tools on separate occasions saying someone signed. Thankfully the tools were still there when I got home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Over the last couple of months, I had three orders from Sams Club. Two of them were delivered to the wrong address. After trying to contact FedEx all I got was a generic recording telling me my orders were delivered. I was home both of the times they were supposedly delivered and left on my porch. I have learned once the driver marks delivered, they can care less their part is done and got their money. On one order did manage to get an "investigation" started. Never heard anything about it.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've never not had delivery issues with Fedex.

A couple days ago my wife noticed a small box sitting on a rock half way down my driveway. she got out of her car and went to pick it up. it was a fedex package for my neighbors. They'd come half way down my drive and just left it there for some reason... not even at the correct address. if it had snowed a little, it would still be out there unnoticeable.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    A couple days ago my wife noticed a small box sitting on a rock half way down my driveway. she got out of her car and went to pick it up. it was a fedex package for my neighbors. They'd come half way down my drive and just left it there for some reason... not even at the correct address. if it had snowed a little, it would still be out there unnoticeable.
    Ok well there's your answer for the OP. I avoid them at all costs due to their random delivery insanity. Run up to the house and do the package drop and run typically at the nearest building spot, which is nowhere near where you'd expect a package. Great template for a failing business plan.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    FedEx is my last choice for a shipper. I have had similar instances when they said they attempted to deliver but I was unavailable, but I was working from home and my "office" was 10 ft from the door. Saw the truck drive by, but it never stopped. It was a package that required signature, but hard to give one when they just drive by. On the 3rd so-called delivery attempt it was delivered, but then didn't try to get a signature, just left it. Have had multiple "deliveries" made where I couldn't find a package anywhere on my property. I know all my neighbors and if left with them, they would get it to me. Calls only did no good since I never was able to get to a person.

I put my money on UPS and USPS first. Now know who ships via FedEx, like Sam's, and will often buy elsewhere.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    F FedEx. I had an ammo order get "lost" in their system. No help at all. Had been in limbo status for 2 weeks and when I called they finally admitted they had no idea where the package went. Thankfully Norma refunded me the money and is going to deal with FedEx to get their money back. I won't use them unless I absolutely have to, though to be honest, I've had several issues with UPS lately as well... :rolleyes:

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Damaged packages. Lost packages. Delivered to at least 4 different neighbors. Observed tossing package into adjacent field. They take suck to a whole new level.

We’ve have stopped using any company that specifies they use FedEx for shipping and also send emails to customer service clearly stating why they lost our business.

UPS, USPS, and Amazon have no problem finding our house but FedEx must just hand out a 1980s Rand McNally atlas to it’s drivers. I’m done with them and not looking back.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We’re fortunate to have a good driver in my area that seems like he cares. He’s been the fedex guy around here for years and actually goes out of his way to get things right.

At work is a different story, we had a fedex freight guy jumping up and down and yelling about a pickup he was supposed to get, and how we shouldn’t even call if it’s not ready to be picked up. Turns out, the dumbass showed up at 8:00 am for a pickup that was scheduled for that afternoon. He had an even worse attitude later that day when he had to come back.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    UPS, USPS and FedEx have all messed up an few orders in my recent history. I do not purchase anything that needs shipped unless I cannot get a product locally. I would rather pay $50 extra and walk out of the store with it in my hand than pay $30 shipping and maybe get it damaged or not at all. The time I waste while trying to straighten things out is valuable to me. Paying extra for premium delivery does not result in better quality service either, been their done that.

In the last 30 years, no corporation is what it once was. Gun companies, car companies, financial companies, insurance companies, medical companies and certainly delivery companies are all under "quality is just another word".

Just like the third world businesses have always been.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    They all suck more recently with the maybe the exception of our long time mail lady. Signature required never signed, delivered to wrong home nowhere near us, driving in and across the yard, delivery in progress for two weeks. But less actually broken lately. We are out in the country with a very long driveway so driving across the yard is acceptable vs driving back to the road to get to the neighbors. Caught one and read her the riot act. Think she wetted herself. Also we have a slight hill right at the house. Amazing how many don’t know you can’t park on a hill and then start in the winter so you just back into the yard. I keep our drive plowed and have reflective marking post but it will have a layer of snow/ice during the winter. Granted with snow cover it can be visually difficult, but these are workers who drive for a living.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    This past few months, I've have multiple fedex packages not get delivered to my house. When I check the tracking they all say "Attempted delivery", which is a lie. I work from home and have a driveaway alarm in a rural area. I know when someone drives up to my house.

Additionally, the packages also do not require signature and can simply be left on the porch, but the driver records I am "unavailable". It's obviously a delivery driver refusing to do their job and gaming their system. I'm at my wits end with this company.

Yes. I ordered shoes. 3 delivery “attempts” that were BS because I was present and the door was unlocked. I was so mad. I called and had them hold it for pickup.

I ship 2-10 large packages everyday for my business. I switched to UPS about two years ago. FedEx SUCKS!

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    FedEx maintained that my address did not exist and required me to pick up at their facility for several years. It didnt seem that I could find anyone that was interested in knowing otherwise in their company. I avoid doing business with anyone that uses FedEx even to this day.

Top Bottom