Anyone have a good 45 Colt Reload Recipe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a good pet load for 45 Colt? I plan to load 200 grain round nose flat point bullets. I don't Cowboy action shoot but mainly plink around in the back yard and gong plates. I use both revolvers and a lever gun. I have Blue Dot, Unique, and 2400 powder to choose from. I don't want a dirty load that will gunk up my guns. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :ar15:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Of the powders you have, I would say Unique for what you want, but then you said you "don't want a dirty load". :)

8.6 gr of Unique (start load) will be a nice plinker load with the 200gr RNFP.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I use 8.0 gr of Unique with a 250 gr hard cast lead. If it's a Ruger "flat top" I have an awesome Win 296 load. I don't see Unique as dirty, but I do see it as versatile. I use it in 9mm, .38 Special, .357, 45 ACP, 45 Colt and 44 Mag.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Thanks for the help. Yea I love Unique powder. It isn't dirty on my 44 mag loads but I didn't want to get too low of a charge in my 45 colt that could get sooty. I bought some reloads recently with W231 powder that is just filthy.

Top Bottom