• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    So you would recommend them huh? Been watching Amazon Prime videos on our 7" Kindle and was like there has to be a better option. Getting Netflix and sites like Crackle are just added bonus.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have 2 Rokus. One is a Roku 3, I'm not sure what the other is.
    I bought the versions that have wi-fi, AND ethernet port.
    I usually leave my wi-fi off, and like the hardwire.

I have amazon-prime, and watch it A LOT with the Roku.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    So you would recommend them huh? Been watching Amazon Prime videos on our 7" Kindle and was like there has to be a better option. Getting Netflix and sites like Crackle are just added bonus.

Oh yeah.

We ended up turning off our satellite service, went from $105/month down to $8/month for Netflix and anything we buy from Amazon Instant Video.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We have a Roku, a Roku 2 and a Roku 3. Definitely recommend the 3 if you have any need to watch TV quietly. Now, the 3 only works on HD tvs though. But there is a headset jack in the remote. As long as the HDMI ports are easily accessible on the TVs, it's easy to move the box around to multiple TVs. We have Netflix and a Hulu Plus account which are the two main channels we watch on the Roku but there are a plethora of other channels to watch and we do have some others we watch as well. I absolutely love the Roku boxes though. Recommend it so highly that we have even bought them as gifts.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I have a Roku 3 and really like it. I watch primarily Netflix and Amazon Prime on it. I used to attach a laptop or my ipad to the TV with a cable...this is much better. The only challenge I had is that my TV only has 2 HDMI connections. So my satellite takes one and I bought a HDMI "splitter" so that I could connect both my DVD and Roku to the remaining HDMI connection. It works well.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    We have had our Roku for almost a year. We have been able to cut our cable back because of it. We have Amazon Prime (an absolute must) and Hulu Plus. I recommend it highly.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    2 ROKUs here, also. One is wireless, the other has the ethernet port. We watch lots of Netflix and Amazon. As the kids grow (and their shows get put on either service), we're slowly weaning ourselves off of cable. I imagine I'm less than 2 yrs away from ditching all television services. I put a small rabbit ear type antenna upstairs in the loft on that TV and it picked up 43 channels off-air.

WawaseeHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fishers and Wawasee
    Roku has gotten me to cancel cable. If you do end up getting one, OP, get the Twonky channel and then the Twonky Beam app for your phone/tablet. It allows you to "beam" any video to your Roku. I watch youtube allllllll day this way. its 100% free

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Came home with a Roku2 today. Mostly so we don't have to fight over the Xbox for watching Netflix. Any can't live without it channels?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Came home with a Roku2 today. Mostly so we don't have to fight over the Xbox for watching Netflix. Any can't live without it channels?

Outside of the obvious Netflix and Amazon, If you have small kids "Animal Planet Live" has streaming cameras of various animals that kids enjoy. NRA life of Duty is cool. Not a lot of content but says a new series is coming soon.

I got the 3 last month when my xbox Live was up for renewel. I'm not much of a gamer and mainly used the xbox for streaming media. Why pay $60 per year when I can spend $80 once and not have log into different profiles.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Looking through the free channels, all I see are a lot of old B movies and sucky TV shows.:dunno:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What do you expect for free?

The newest episodes of my favorite TV shows and the latest Hollywood blockbusters.:D

Seems reasonable to me.:dunno: Yeah, we bought it for Netflix too, just thought there had to be something ubercool that I was missing that only the cool kids were hip to.

Top Bottom