Anyone have any experience with BMW cars?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Purely anecdotal. Mr88GT works with several guys who just had to have the BMW. Every last one of them knows his car intimately due to the repeated need to have it repaired. It's not uncommon for him to say "So and so's Beemer is in the shop again." Lack of maintenance is not a reason for most of these either.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Purely anecdotal. Mr88GT works with several guys who just had to have the BMW. Every last one of them knows his car intimately due to the repeated need to have it repaired. It's not uncommon for him to say "So and so's Beemer is in the shop again." Lack of maintenance is not a reason for most of these either.

Bimmer, the car is a bimmer...The motorcycle is the beamer :):

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've not shaken hands with anyone, signed any papers or passed along any money so nothing is carved in stone.

But I'm wavering between the A6 and the A7, both with the 3.0 supercharged 6. Leaning toward the A6.

The xDrive on the 535i is clearly inferior to the Quattro. The 535i has one redeeming quality, a bigger trunk. Virtually all the car reviews are now proclaiming the A6 as the king of the mid-size luxury performance sedans.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I'll definitely give Audi a big thumbs up in the interior. They've also come a long way recently with reliability. One of the guys I work for just got an A8L. It's the third A8 that someone there has picked up in the last couple years. He also had an S8 a few years ago. I think you will be happy whichever route you choose to go.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I've got 2 BMWs a 323ic and a 540i, both completely reliable, fantastic cars. Parts cost is not an issue as long as you don't buy OEM from the dealer. Not that I've had to buy many parts.

Top Bottom