• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jndep3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    I had a set on my Sig P220. I liked them after I got them installed and sighted to my liking. It took a little bit of work to get them sighted in correctly, you have to be at their reccommended distace for accurate sighting. I do believe my old set had the "sight activation buttons" on both grips so you could activate them with either hand. My dept. made me take them off due to "officer safety" concerns. So I sold them and moved on in life. But I did like them and they were comfortable and worked good.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I've got a set on my Colt Defender, and like them alot.Mine are first generation so the activation buttons are on eithre both sides. It does take a fairly strong grip for me to activate them (or it did at first).Some of the newer generations are activated by a single button on the front of the grip.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I like mine on my taurus 85 revolver.

beware getting gun oil and solvent on the lens, it will fog it up bad and is a b%^&* to clean and polish.

also, don't rely on them solely, train with your iron sights as well because in certain lighting situations you can't see the laser well.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't see a down side.. Shrunk my groups 50% at 10 yards.. since I"m a little far sighted I can't focus on the front sight so everything I"m seeing at is a bit of a blur but with the laser I focus on the target.. Great piece of gear IMHO

EliteCarryfin.jpg

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    CT grips work well on my S&W Model 640 (.357 mag). I think they help with quicker target re-acquisition after firing high-recoil loads from a smallish pistol, and in a self-defense situation they might be a life-saving aid with any firearm.

I also think there's something to be said for the possibility that an assailant might back down when faced with a laser-sighted weapon. Obviously, I still carry live rounds...but anything that makes it unnecessary to pull the trigger is a good thing. Much easier for all involved if a criminal decides to get the h*** out of Dodge rather than to charge you!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I had some years ago on my 92fs Border Marshall. They worked great. They really add some versatility to your weapon. I taught my firstborn son to clear a house by having him watch the beam as I cleared the house. He still remembers that.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have CT grips on my S&W 642 and my Ruger LCP. I have another brand of laser sight on my Ruger SR9. All in all, a great accessory for your shooting pleasure.

excop78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Better than . . .

Is the money better spent on CT grips or night sights on a concealed carry gun? I'm too poor to get both.

RedDot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    on my bersa thunder, there is a master on/off switch on the bottom of the gun and an activation button on the front of the grip that is easily turned on left handed or right. The laser shoots off the right side of the gun.

trust you sights in the daytime! The laser is very hard to see with lost of light. but is dead on.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't see a down side.. Shrunk my groups 50% at 10 yards.. since I"m a little far sighted I can't focus on the front sight so everything I"m seeing at is a bit of a blur but with the laser I focus on the target.. Great piece of gear IMHO

They are not accurate at longer distances. They are like a laser POINTER telling every one in the room or woods where you are and that you have a gun and who you consider a threat. You can't see them on a wet or glassy surface or on water. It's a battery, electronic, complicated doo dad thing to quit when you need it most.

Those are the down side as I see them.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Awhile back I was looking into Crimson Trace grips. My brother has them for one of his guns are loves them. That being said he is right-handed and I am left-handed. When I shoot I use a high thumb hold and when I tried his gun with the grips I found that my thumbs obstructed the laser. So, instead of modifying my grip whenever I shoot I just decided on night sights instead. IMO CT Grips are not necessarily better than night sights but they probably couldn't hurt.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    I have crimson laser grips on a S&W 1911PD and an XDSC9. I love them. Good for target practice to show how you are holding/jerking the weapon. For CQB I feel they would be invaluable when you would not have time to draw and aim. IMO they are more useful than night sights.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have both the LaserMax and Crimson Trace laser sights. The LaserMax in on a Glock 19 and the Crimson Trace are on a S&W 1911Sc. I like the Crimson Trace much better. Brighter and adjustable are the two main reasons. Very much worth the money in my opinion. Helps both in training and if you should need them in low light situations.

I never had a problem with wet or glassy surface or on water. I live on a lake and they work fine pointing them into the water. The only time I have seen them lead back to me is in heavy fog or smoke. Most people would not even notice the red dot unless you shined it in their eyes. I have found that most people that put then down all the time, finally admit, to have never owned one.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    They are not accurate at longer distances. They are like a laser POINTER telling every one in the room or woods where you are and that you have a gun and who you consider a threat. You can't see them on a wet or glassy surface or on water. It's a battery, electronic, complicated doo dad thing to quit when you need it most.

Those are the down side as I see them.

Agreed, I cannot see justifying the cost. They cost too much for me.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    I have a set on my Glock23 that I carry everyday. They are great! And in a self defense situation they would definately come in hand and give you a bit of an advantage.

Top Bottom