Anyone have experience with Phlster Access or Skeleton holsters?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have been wearing a Phlster Skeleton with a Glock 19 for about a month now. It's by far the best appendix holster I've tried. I'm a smaller guy (5'10" 150 pounds) so I wanted the smallest possible holster I could get. I absolutely love it. It's super comfortable, and it rides just high enough to get a good grip but just low enough to maintain its concealability. I highly recommend it.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    I have carried a PHLster ACCESS for over a year now. I train 4-6 days/week (teaching, private lessons, filming, etc.) and I wear it everywhere. The ACCESS is quite possibly the BEST holster on the market that is purpose built and designed for AIWB carry. If you carry appendix and you're looking for a fantastic rig that will give you years of reliable service, you cannot go wrong with the ACCESS from PHLster.

...just my humble, yet experienced opinion.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wait time for the holster sucks. But it may be worth the wait. I've yet to find anything bad about it.

Jury is still up if I like it more than the dale fricke archangel...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I was finally able to run my phlster access holster in a class this weekend. While the holster is very comfortable, I don't like the fact how easy the holster shifts. I know it's because of the single mount strap, and I know it's suppose to move like that with your body for comfort. But it does make drawing your holster a little slower.

As for the Dale Fricke Archangel, it's just as comfortable, and I like that it stays in place. I can draw my gun much faster and smoother with it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    So I was finally able to run my phlster access holster in a class this weekend. While the holster is very comfortable, I don't like the fact how easy the holster shifts. I know it's because of the single mount strap, and I know it's suppose to move like that with your body for comfort. But it does make drawing your holster a little slower.

As for the Dale Fricke Archangel, it's just as comfortable, and I like that it stays in place. I can draw my gun much faster and smoother with it.

People seem to be split on that. I am with you in that I would like my holster to stay firmly planted. Some like them to move around.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    People seem to be split on that. I am with you in that I would like my holster to stay firmly planted. Some like them to move around.

I understand why. For comfort, I can see the advantages of the holster being able to move with a single attachment. But I found, I drive a lifted jeep, that when I get in and out of my jeep, I had to constantly shift the holster around. With the Archangel, I never had to do that.

Sometimes having a holster that shifts/moves with your body is a PITA. I haven't had any problems with the Archangel. Plus, it's nice knowing exactly where your gun is when you have to draw from the holster.

Top Bottom