• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I was just wondering if any of you guys use GM Friends & Family discount for buying new cars? My question is how much can you save on say a MSRP $21,000 car? I was thinking about buying a new Chevy Cruze for my wife....my Uncle is GM retiree but he was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and is dieing....I really hate to bother him with getting discount info.

I have heard the savings are not really that much better than normal deal on a 20K vehicle. Is it worth the hassle to try to get the discount or not?

Thanks!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    While it's been 3 or 4 years since my family has used my GM discount, it's no trouble to get them the info needed for the discount. Usually the salesmen will assist them in getting the needed info from me. There is also an 1-800 number your uncle can call to speed up the process faster.

1-800-235-4646 is the number the employee/retiree needs to call.

This phone number is on some paperwork I have that is from 2007. I think it is still valid.
    Hope this helps.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    I got about $2k off last time I did. Easy to set up and I know I could use $2k for 5 minutes of effort. Good luck

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    It depends on the profit GM makes on the vehicle.

Econo boxes like the Cruz and Sonic have pretty slim margins, so a smaller discount.

Trucks and SUV's are their cash cows, so you get a much bigger discount with them.

Pretty much it comes down to you'll have to contact a dealer to find out what the discount is.

Top Bottom