Anyone interested collecting cartridges?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Hello all and greetings from Columbus! Wondering if anyone out there is interested in collecting unique cartridges. I would like to put together a wall mounted ammo collection of some less common cartridges. I thought we might have a collectors group where we meet in person, to avoid shipping, and exchange unique cartridges that we want in our collection but have no need to buy an entire 20 round box. So for instance I might buy a box of 375 H&H and bring it hoping to trade for other unique cartridges. Obviously bringing .223 rem and 308 win is perfectly fine but probably not going yield the best action in terms of people wanting to collect from you. It would be ideal to get 20 or more people since that’s how many rounds are in a standard box of ammo. We could coordinate a little bit in the comments so that people don’t show up with the same thing.

Obviously the idea of this is not to exchange ammo for shooting, but rather to collect individual unique cartridges for comparison and display. It’s not going to be cheap as some of these rounds cost $5 or more, but it’s a way for us to acquire a collection of unique cartridges without having to buy a box of each and pay shipping.

Collection photos below (not my photos)

DAF78035-5438-4CDC-81BC-89BD111DF448.jpeg F6521F13-4DEA-49B0-AFDF-6E01FDBD1500.jpeg D3F542F1-CF15-46F5-87D1-D1CC52DDB67B.jpeg

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    My personal thoughts for a collection wall display:

Top row: Big bore: 50bmg, 416, 338s, 375s, African game cartridges, anything rifle over 30 caliber

Second Down: 30 caliber rifle

30 06 Springfield
    300 Winchester Magnum
    308 Winchester
    7.62x39
    300 Norma Magnum
    30-378
    300 Wetherby Magnum
    300 Remington Ultra Magnum
    300 Blackout
    300 PRC
    30 30 Winchester
    30 carbine
    30-03 Springfield
    300 H&H
    300 Lapua
    300 wsm
    300 rsaum
    7.62x54r

Third Down: rifle less than 30 caliber, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, etc…

Bottom Row: pistol and shotgun cartridges

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    This was from back in 2016. A lot of the picture links are broken but same sort of ideas.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am on the west side of Indianapolis. I have some Super Vel shot shells which were made for the Thompson Center Contender with a screw in choke. (See picture)

I also have 6 USAC plastic cased, reloadable 38 Specials. (Sorry, no picture, but you can search it.)

If you want them for your collection or for trading and you will come to the west side of Indianapolis, I'll give them to you.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I am on the west side of Indianapolis. I have some Super Vel shot shells which were made for the Thompson Center Contender with a screw in choke. (See picture)

I also have 6 USAC plastic cased, reloadable 38 Specials. (Sorry, no picture, but you can search it.)

If you want them for your collection or for trading and you will come to the west side of Indianapolis, I'll give them to you.
    I have a full box of 44 Hot Shot capsules never had a contender or many 4d’s but thought they were cool!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Those are in the Way Back Machine.
    Super Vel smoking hot ammo, packed away, I have a few boxes of Super Vel ammo, the standard stuff and some of my dads Automag ammo he bought from Lee before he bought forming dies.

Top Bottom