• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I collect Mosin Nagants, have over 30 of them, love the history behind them, and the fact that they are still in wide spread use in many 3rd world conflicts.
    If you like Mosins this web site is a must.... 7.62x54r.net

JimSheldon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Park City, Kansas
    9130 "Pseudo Sniper"

I bought one from Gander Mountain for $99.95 a couple years ago. 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 (same year I was born). It was a mediocre shooter until I re-cut the crown, floated the barrel except for the last 2 inches of the fore end and aluminum pillar bedded the action screws. Brought it from 3" groups @ 100 yards to sub moa with handloads.

Made a "pseudo sniper" out of it using an Advanced Rifle Parts no-gunsmithing mount and a BSA "Contender" 3.5-14 X 40 side focus scope plus a turned down handle bolt body (kept the bolt head so no headspace problems). Turned a $100 ugly rifle into a $300 not quite so ugly, much better shooting rifle. Oh yeah, I cleaned the old, cracked and chipping shellac off the stock and gave it 5 coats of BLO (boiled linseed oil) plus 3 coats of 1/3 BLO, 1/3 Turpentine & 1/3 beeswax as a final wax finish.

Best 100 yard 5 shot group was a .329" with PPU brass, Winchester WLR primers, 40.0 Grains of Varget and .311 diameter, 174 grain Sierra Match King BTHP bullets.

9130rifle3.jpg

9130Scope2.jpg

Jim Sheldon

Last edited:

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Picked au a 91/30 today its a 1938 izzy went to shoot it a Wilbur Wright but it was closed ill try and get some pics up soon its my first mosin i can sense more on they way

Top Bottom