• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well my wife was in an accident on Friday, and while the repairs are being done we are being told we need to replace the tire(s). I'm looking to replace 2 right now, and then another 2 sometime this fall/winter. I'm looking on Tirerack.com and have done a bit of research and THINK I am liking these.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoYear=2010&autoModClar=S&vehicleSearch=true

She has a 2010 Nissian Rogue S (I think its AWD)
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=215/&ratio=70&diameter=16

The Yokohama AVID TRZs (now discontinued) got good reviews, and from what I can tell the Touring-S have pretty good reviews too. The price is nice, and I don't think anything can be worse than the Conteinental 4x4 Contacts that it came with.

Thanks

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I've got Yokohama's on my Trailblazer...Dunno what model or anything, but they've performed well for me in snow, rain, and dry weather.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Find out for sure if it is AWD, if it is, replace all 4 at the same time ONLY! Different diameter tires (2 new, 2 worn) will wreak havoc on any AWD vehicle, vibration, transfer case noise, sometimes really really bad issues. If its 2wd or selectable 4wd you'll be fine.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Find out for sure if it is AWD, if it is, replace all 4 at the same time ONLY! Different diameter tires (2 new, 2 worn) will wreak havoc on any AWD vehicle, vibration, transfer case noise, sometimes really really bad issues. If its 2wd or selectable 4wd you'll be fine.

This^^^^^^. AWD vehicles need the EXACT same size tire. I've had AWD vehicles come through our shop with different tread depths and it would keep flashing the traction or ABS light. As far as brand goes, I've had good luck with BFG, Dunlop, Goodyear. Good luck!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Take the vehicle to Discount Tire. I have purchased my last six sets of tires from them as well as three sets of wheels at the one in Merrillville.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I agree with take it to discount, I have always gotten the best prices there. If you talk to them and ask for a better price they almost always will knock some off the top, I got $25 off each last time I bought. Also if there is any life left in your old tires they will buy them from you to sell as used.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Goodyear, high price, low quality.

The above statement about AWD is correct! I tow at least two cars a month with bad drivelines and mismatched tires.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    For a family crossover such as the Nissan rouge I strongly suggest the Michelin latitude. You will be extremely happy with the ride and noise of the tires for a family vehicle. They do cost a little more but are worth the extra dollar. You will have great ride, quite ride, good all year round performance and best of all they will last you a long time.

If you want to save a little money go with the continental contripro.

And yes always do 4 tires not two.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    another option is to go to a SAM's club. I bought Michelin for a Prius. you get free rotation for the life of the tires and if there are any problems they can be taken care of anywhere in the country.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Discount Tire has always been good to me on my vehicles. I go to the one on 31S in Greenwood. As far as brands, stay away from Goodyear and Continentals. BFG, Yoko, and Cooper Tires are all good mid level brands, but Michelins are awesome if you can afford them.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just stopped by Discount Tire and checked on what they had. They had the Yoko's but he was steering me to the BF Goodrich LongTrail T/A. Said he could do $500 OTD and that was with warranty, lifetime rotation/balancing, patches, etc. This was for just the tires since I will be taking them to the collision shop for mounting, balancing, and alignment. Thought that was pretty good. They are made by Michelin, so he says.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Discount Tire has always been good to me on my vehicles. I go to the one on 31S in Greenwood. As far as brands, stay away from Goodyear and Continentals. BFG, Yoko, and Cooper Tires are all good mid level brands, but Michelins are awesome if you can afford them.

I agree with all these statements!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Well my wife was in an accident on Friday, and while the repairs are being done we are being told we need to replace the tire(s). I'm looking to replace 2 right now, and then another 2 sometime this fall/winter. I'm looking on Tirerack.com and have done a bit of research and THINK I am liking these.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoYear=2010&autoModClar=S&vehicleSearch=true

She has a 2010 Nissian Rogue S (I think its AWD)
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=215/&ratio=70&diameter=16

The Yokohama AVID TRZs (now discontinued) got good reviews, and from what I can tell the Touring-S have pretty good reviews too. The price is nice, and I don't think anything can be worse than the Conteinental 4x4 Contacts that it came with.

Thanks

I run yokohamas on all 3 of my trucks/suv The oldest set has aroun 80k on them and they were warrantied for 60k. They still have another 6-12 months of life on them easily.

For those that dont know, here is what the tire size means/decoded.

LT=Light truck rated P=passenger vehicle (do not use P rated tires on a truck that you tow with) The P rated are rated for less weight per each tire vs. the same size LT rated tire.

Example P265/70R16
    265 means the tire footprint or width is 265mm
    70 means the tire profile or distand from the outside of the rim to the outside of the tire is 70% of 265mm or 186mm rounded
    R16 means its a radial 16" tire.
    25.4 mm in a inch

Top Bottom