Anyone local mill M&P slide to accept red-dot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Okay, my beater M&P 9 4.25 needs some love. It's my EDC, I've stippled the grips, changed out the trigger, and have been considering milling the slide to accept a micro red dot. Anyone have any experience doing this? It doesn't seem like rocket science, but as I don't have a milling machine, I think it's a bit beyond me to do it well. Your thoughts Ingo? I'd also like to mount suppressor sights to co-witness. Anyone here done this? [Yeah, I know, ATEI, but as I've said before, I like doing things myself, or at least being part of the process.] Thanks for any input guys.

Oh, and in case you want to see her so far, here she is.
    20140204_103932.jpg
    20140204_104011.jpg
    20140204_104240.jpg
    20130616_225626.jpg

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Yeah, I've thought about the CORE as well. thinking about selling this to fund the purchase of a new/used CORE. (it IS the smart thing to do.) I just really like learning the process involved in these kinds of things. Not that I expect to become an expert at DOING them, but to understand what goes into having these things done well. But you're spot on, going the CORE route is what I may end up doing.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    You are going to want to pick the optic before milling anything.

I know the Vortex Razor has a mount that replaces the rear sight. Its in no way shape or form as good a mount as milling, but it will work for you to see if you like having a red dot on before milling a slide.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I looked at a core with a red dot mounted, the sights were useless because the dot was too high. You'll be happier if you mill your slide. I had mine done through Bowie.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would contact One Source Tactical, and see if they could do it. The charge $125 for the slide being milled and their suppressor sights to be installed on a Glock, but not sure about an M&P.

Trading for a CORE is another good option. A buddy of mine has an RMR on his, and I loved it. I just bought an FNX Tactical 45. Currently shopping for an RM07, but my Burris Fast fire III is tying me over in the meantime.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    iGunsAndGear : victran: ATEi M&P9 Shield

That.

I can't post the picture from this iPad. Essentially it has a grip stippled by phylodog, a slide with top/side serrations and refinished by atei, a trigger by apex and truglo tfo sights. Everything is done except the slide. The grip looks incredible and the trigger is awesome.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    iGunsAndGear : victran: ATEi M&P9 Shield

That.

I can't post the picture from this iPad. Essentially it has a grip stippled by phylodog, a slide with top/side serrations and refinished by atei, a trigger by apex and truglo tfo sights. Everything is done except the slide. The grip looks incredible and the trigger is awesome.

That's awesome...maybe they can remove the safety too

Top Bottom