• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Something I have been kicking around in my head for a while. How about the States withhold funding to the Federal government when the feds exceed Constitutional boundaries? Maybe even use an algorithm or formula to only provide enough funding to cover the 13th Enumerated Powers as stated in the Constitution? If enough of the flyover states did this, maybe the swamp could be reigned in. It is evident that electing someone to Congress or the Senate to represent the We the People and the State is just smoke and mirrors since so many are entrenched in the swamp. Just something I thought of reading the secession discussion thread, which I probably should have posted in.

How can states withhold funds when they receive funds, not distribute funds. The people could but the funds for most are confiscated before the recipient receives them. Then you are thinking in a red state vs blue state type of mindset, but 45% of Indiana disagrees with you...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    How can states withhold funds when they receive funds, not distribute funds. The people could but the funds for most are confiscated before the recipient receives them.
    I think it's also pretty clear (since at least the 2008 TARP bailout, which means 4 presidents now) that federal spending is totally disconnected from federal income.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Something I have been kicking around in my head for a while. How about the States withhold funding to the Federal government when the feds exceed Constitutional boundaries? Maybe even use an algorithm or formula to only provide enough funding to cover the 13th Enumerated Powers as stated in the Constitution? If enough of the flyover states did this, maybe the swamp could be reigned in. It is evident that electing someone to Congress or the Senate to represent the We the People and the State is just smoke and mirrors since so many are entrenched in the swamp. Just something I thought of reading the secession discussion thread, which I probably should have posted in.
    If I read you correctly, you are saying that if States "withheld" fund to the Feds, they would have to "get in line"?
    Seriously?
    They don't care about "funding".
    The Federal government hasn't had a budget in so many years, all they do is continue to spend.
    How do you think we got to be $20+ trillion in debt.
    Spend it, borrow it, print it, there is no accountability in DC for financial stability.
    It is very simple, don't spend more than you bring in. We learn that in 2nd grade.
    Even money not one of those idiots knows how to balance a checkbook.
    Sorry, got off on a rant, but, you get the just of what I am saying.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What do you mean states withholding funding? What funds flow through any state government on it's way to the federal government?

Going the other way (Fed->State) is a MASSIVE amount of dollars.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Right, the taxes are collected directly from individuals and businesses, but what if states were to declare themselves "federal tax sanctuaries"? I suppose that would circle back around to the secession discussion before the federal deep state would change

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Right, the taxes are collected directly from individuals and businesses, but what if states were to declare themselves "federal tax sanctuaries"? I suppose that would circle back around to the secession discussion before the federal deep state would change
    If I don't pay my income tax, I've got no delusion that the sheriff, or governor, or anyone else is going to keep me out of a pound-me-in-the-ass federal penitentiary.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If I don't pay my income tax, I've got no delusion that the sheriff, or governor, or anyone else is going to keep me out of a pound-me-in-the-ass federal penitentiary.
    And suppose they would actively interfere the way CA interferes with enforcing immigration law? And if everyone in the state heard that the state won't help feds trying to collect taxes, how many people would pay them? And would the feds try to arrest millions of armed scoff laws, knowing the states wouldn't help them?

Like I said that probably goes back to secession...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And suppose they would actively interfere the way CA interferes with enforcing immigration law? And if everyone in the state heard that the state won't help feds trying to collect taxes, how many people would pay them? And would the feds try to arrest millions of armed scoff laws, knowing the states wouldn't help them?

Like I said that probably goes back to secession...
    Yes it does.

Top Bottom