• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I shopped there for years. Very low prices (at the time), staff was always friendly to me (gave me a "friends and family" discount on many occasions), low transfer fees (especially for NFA items), and Brian always greeted me when I was in.

Range was crap. Good for testing that the item actually worked...not much else. Staff got bad at the end and I started going elsewhere, but they never pulled any crap like what the OP mentioned.

As for shops that request ID to make ammo and accessory purchases (like SPB), NOT going to shop there.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    They never have done that to me. Sorry to hear that.
    What's funny is that the cashier requested my ID (after I handed him my cash) so I handed him my CAC. Federally issued ID and does not have my home info on it. He said: "What is this? I need your driver's license." I inquired as to why and his response was: "I can't scan this (CAC) in our system." That's when I requested to speak to the manager who claimed "it was a SPB computer system requirement and that he did not have override authority." Left the 8 boxes of .44 mag ammo on the counter and walked out.
    smh. (As an aside, I roll my own .44 Mag now.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, if they are following the "state law says no pistol ammo to under 21" they only have to LOOK at the license. I deal with the same thing at some places with beer. Some cashiers INSISTING its law to scan it. "No, cupcake, the law doesnt say how. Just that you need to verify. You can do that with your eyeballs and then press the "over 40" button. (or enter my dob by hand if you want to do it the hard way)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, if they are following the "state law says no pistol ammo to under 21" they only have to LOOK at the license. I deal with the same thing at some places with beer. Some cashiers INSISTING its law to scan it. "No, cupcake, the law doesnt say how. Just that you need to verify. You can do that with your eyeballs and then press the "over 40" button. (or enter my dob by hand if you want to do it the hard way)
    My guess is they are keeping a record in case they get accused of selling to underage, in both cases. I have mixed feelings on this. The business must protect itself, and my privacy…

And if you guys are ordering off the internet who cares? They have your data already…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My guess is they are keeping a record in case they get accused of selling to underage, in both cases. I have mixed feelings on this. The business must protect itself, and my privacy…

And if you guys are ordering off the internet who cares? They have your data already…
    Yep. a Choice that person makes as a "necessary evil". But walking into a store and paying cash you should be able to expect a reasonable level of privacy. The internet seller NEEDS your info or you cant get your product. The LGS? Not so much. Its a need to know basis kinda thing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think as was posted earlier there's more to the story. Maybe they were familiar with the purchaser's criminal record.

Top Bottom